31 users online (1 members and 30 guests)  

Related

1. Making gifs    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2

Status

.gifs, php and IE

Hi folks,

Just wondering if someone could do me the quick favour of opening the following URL in IE 5.5 or 6.0.. the page is a bit of a mess and just a me fiddling with my new php guestbook script (well, one I'm using hehe):

http://www.xdeadd0llx.vzz.net/guestbook/view.php

My problem is, I cannot see any of the .gif images on my page using IE. Netscape & Opera work fine (is usually the other way round heh). It's quite odd because I don't usually have this problem.
    I've tried a short path, the full path and also linking outside of the guestbook dir.. won't work.
    When I open the image filepath in IE; the .gif shows up fine by itself.
    Interestingly, the same thing happens on this forum - I cannot see any smilies or gif icons etc. Some other php forums I can see the .gifs. I can see your avatars ok though.

I don't know what to think about it! Hopefully it's just some browser issue at my end and you'll be able to see them at your end. If it's a php script issue I'll cry. Thanks for any help

Status
    Well, I don't think you have to cry. I tried using IE 6 and I can see the images fine.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    works here