38 users online (2 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. Find the file a page is generated from    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Perl date problem in myqsl    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Replies: 1

Status

Use VB generated date in Perl??

This may not be the correct forum for this, but I'm a little desperate. I don't know if anyone here knows much about visual basic, but I'll ask this anyway because it's really more of a Perl question.

I want to generate a date/time string or value that can be recognized and compared to from within a Perl script. For example, ideally I would like to generate a string within VB in the form of "37252.8125" which represents December 27, 2001 @ 7:30pm. This I have no problems doing. However, how can I use this value within a perl script? What I want to do is check the current date from within the perl script and compare it to "37252.8125" to see if it's less than or greater than. This value is going to be put in a "VB generated" HTML page which will, in turn, use a Perl CGI script. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not all that fluent when it comes to date "stuff" in Perl. Thanks in advance!!!

Administrator

Status
    Hmm. You could somehow get the data into a globally-accessible area like the POST array, or a query-string.

However, anyone with more Perl knowledge than me might be able to give you a better answer.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    What I decided to do is put a string...formatted in an EXACT way in VB...and pass it in the query, then parse it (since I know exactly how it's going to look) in the perl script.

Thanks all!

Administrator

Status
    sounds good.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?