42 users online (1 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. Auto Login Script    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 0
  3. Remove 'shipping info' from php script?    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. 'Login' Script    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 14
  5. Lost login info    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Info for login script

I have searched on login information and I have found much need information. Thank you for that!

My question is in regards to http://www.thegirafferainbow.com

We are wanting to have different levels of customers and want to give people who register the chance to have a discount.

I read the .htaccess info and wasn't sure if I had to add the pages with merchandise to each folder being accessed. We, currently, are using PayPal as we haven't the money for a merchant account yet.

Please let me know if I wasn't clear enough with the information as I have a tendency to get sidetracked and not follow through with a thought.

Thanks so much,
    Heather

Administrator

Status
    Hiya,

Its a bit vague, to be honest. You will have to tell me if I have misunderstood.

I read the .htaccess info and wasn't sure if I had to add the pages with merchandise to each folder being accessed. We, currently, are using PayPal as we haven't the money for a merchant account yet.
    I assume you mean the links in the left sidebar? If you use 'full' urls ( ie href="http://www.thegirafferainbow.com#myPage" ) then this shouldnt be a problem, you can have just one set of pages.
    I may be barking up completely the wrong tree, or even forest, so please correct me if mistaken.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Actually, I was wanting to create 1 site that just everyone sees, which is the site that is up now at http://www.thegirafferainbow.com

Then I wanted 4 other levels to provide incentives for customers to buy.

1 for registered customers
    1 for a group we belong to
    1 for friends
    1 for preferred customers (those purchasing $200 w/in 6 months)

All of these with differing percentages off the price viewed currently on the page. In order for the registered customers to receive the login information, they would have to email for the password and login name by clicking on a mailto: link.

I didn't know if I needed to copy the website or almost all of it over to the different folders that are created in the .htaccess file. I was hoping on the interest of space I wouldn't.

Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks so much,
    Heather

Administrator

Status
    To me, it sounds like you could use a user-management script of some sort.
    if your au-fait with a server-side langauge like Perl, php or asp then youm could write it yourself. otherwise, maybe a look around www.hotscripts.com might be worth a trip.

Using something like this, all the user details would be stored in a database or a file. The discounts you give could be coded to the 'category' of the logged in user.

have a look, there might be soemthing thats suits you or could be amended. your paypal buttons could quite easilt be amended to read the prices 'dynamically' from your calculations rather than being hard-coded.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

discount code script

I'm looking for something similar. I'm looking for a script where customers will enter a code and recieve a discount across the whole website (several pages). I use a PayPal shopping cart. I dug deep in the PayPal site and found some script but haven't been able to make it work yet. Goddes... if I get it to work, or find another script that will... I'll let you know.

Any help from anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian