41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. Drop down Menu Alignment Issue    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. pull down menu issue    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Replies: 2
  4. Jump Menu covers drop down menu    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 3
    Evil twin of Dave

Status

Thumbs down Issue With Drop Down Menu On Macs...

Hi all,
    I'm using a customized form of this drop down menu ( http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/topnavbar.htm ) on a site I built for a hospital's intranet and it seems that when viewed on a Macintosh there are a few issues: The user is unable to just rollover the menu item to make it drop down, they must actively click on the button and when they do try to click on the "button" of the menu there is only a tiny say...4 pixel area "hot spot" that will drop down the menu instead of the whole rectangle. I looked on the dynamic drive site for answers about compatibility with Macs to no avail. Thus I resort to my favorite Web Design help forum, because I know the knowledge here is vast and it is my best bet for help. Many thanks to any leads on my problem. I'm sorry I can't upload or show you the site in action, I am at home on winter break and my workstaion/pc is at school (couldn't be bothered to bring it home).

Administrator

Status
    I am useless on macs

One thing worth bringing up tho, which mac browser? IE is horrible for mac, maybe try safari or one of the other 'proper' mac browsers?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    They are currently using IE...both PC and MAC platforms. I will suggest trying it on the native MAC browser Safari and see if the results are different. Anyone else?

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Turns out Safari isn't an option for some reason...BUMP!