40 users online (1 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. Window Size    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. size a new window with HTML    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Window Size    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  4. Window Size    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 5
  5. New Window Size    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 9
    New User

Status

Question either forcing window size or forcing image size

Hey all,

ok I have a website that doesn't contain very much information. Most of the pages only take up the entire screen in 800x600. I simply don't have enough information to use a liquid design. The only thing is that when the page is accessed in any higher res. it doesn't look very good. Just an image in the middle of the page. I have added a background color to try and improve on things but I'm not getting there.

I have decided that I would like do one of two things to resolve the issue. 1) I could have a window that appears at exactly the size of the image... or 2) I could force the size of that image to fit any res. the same way....

The problem? I don't know how to do either one.

If you would like to you can see the site at http://www.cspmusic.com

I'm wondering if those options are the right ones to be considering or if I'm missing something.

Also feel free to comment on the design and photoshop work.

Thanks in advance all....

RobbyVegas

Status
    Hi there,

I view pages at 1074x768 on a 17'' monitor, and I think your page looks just fine with the white contrasting background - I like it (I actually prefer the contrast like that). If you decide to keep it, then maybe just align the image to the middle of the page?

If you wanna automatically resize the window you can do it:

Code:
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    if (window.resizeTo) self.resizeTo(800,600);
    //-->
    </script>
    OR when using hyperlinks (like, your menu links or something)

Code:
    <A HREF="home.html" TARGET="popup" ONCLICK="window.open('home.html', 'popup', 'width=800,height=600'); return false">Home</A>
    You'd just change the values to the size you want it. The first method is better than the hyperlink version, cos hyperlink acts as a popup and disables the browser toolbar so that can be pretty annoying.

I wouldn't go too small if I were you..You should remember that you might irk people using a higher res (like me).. who have to resize the window back again lol (I hate looking at things in a tiny little window). Weigh up the options I guess. Oh, and I think your graphics are very nice.
    Last edited by xdeadd0llx; 12-17-2003 at 08:40 AM.

New User

Status
    hi,

as a graphic designer I would say, leave it as it is. It really looks fine! I'm working on a large screen, no problems with the dark background. Looks "chique"!

marco