48 users online (1 members and 47 guests)  

Thread: text-decoration

Related

New User

Status

Unhappy text-decoration

Has anyone had any problems using the css standard text-decoration: underline; in any development enviornment? I'm a designer so don't know all the lingo, but we're using XML and Java and I'm viewing on IE 6. This should work but it's not!!

Administrator

Status
    Hi there.

I have never noticed any problems using tex-decoration. Are you having problems? if so, post your code so we can see whats wrong.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Not code, it's server ...

Hi Dean, thanks. Yeah, it's not the code itself... It's being used on an internal server; thing is, in testing, color works, but the text-decoration on a linked phrase does not.

I was just wondering if there are any server anamalies or technologies that might interfere. Since the class is being called inside an anchor tag, it makes me wonder if it might have to do with the anchor tag using a "uri" and not a "url" - I am not tech-savvy enough to know if that's significant. Another clue, the cursor does not change to typical hand when I mouse over, it turns into some kind of vertical pipe - even though when you click it links to new page dynamically.

Administrator

Status
    That sounds to me as if the page might have been generated using Microsoft Word. At least, I saw something similar once. Could that be the case?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

New User

Status

text-decoration problem

Naw, it's not Word, it's a .jsp page generated from XML and a bunch of other things.

Administrator

Status
    Could i see some code?