90 users online (0 members and 90 guests)  

Related

1. a help needed    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. help needed    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. A Lot of Help Needed    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Help needed with DBD and DBI    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 8
  5. Help Needed    Forum: Barter/Trade
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Question Scroolbar help needed.

I'm a bit of a newbie at programming... I've already done some sites but I'm heavily Frontpage dependent.

I've been redesigning the site so its CSS rather than frames. I want as liquid as possible a design, but there are some things I'll need to do absolute...

The main problem is that I'm gonna have a picture all the way across the top. (no big problem you say...)

The issue is that I cant stretch it (as in width="100%"; as it will distort the image itself, and besides... I have a feature I want to incorporate...

I need to turn the horizontal toolbars off. I dunno how to do this....

(the idea is that as resolution is cranked, the more/less of the piccy you see, but you cant tell the piccy is just "running out of space".)

Cheers
    Rick

If you wanna see my old efforts, please visit www.fourteenten.co.uk but like I said, I'm redesigning it all cause its a bit framey and pants.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by elb98rm
    The main problem is that I'm gonna have a picture all the way across the top. (no big problem you say...)

The issue is that I cant stretch it (as in width="100%"; as it will distort the image itself, and besides... I have a feature I want to incorporate...
    Since you have a solid colored background and a simple image your solution is easy.

By using a 3 cell table row you can place the image into the center cell using an absolute size. In the 2 outside cells you can include a 1 pixel black image(since this is the color you are using) and make the cells 100%.

Dave

New User

Status
    Try not putting a width. As long as it isn't confined in any way then it should work.

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Since you have a solid colored background and a simple image your solution is easy.

By using a 3 cell table row you can place the image into the center cell using an absolute size. In the 2 outside cells you can include a 1 pixel black image(since this is the color you are using) and make the cells 100%.

Dave
    Yeah.. I tried a similar thing. I can resise the pic such that it is fluid, but cause of my design I've realised I need to position it absolutely cause there is a non fluid element in my vertical design.

I've worked around this and its as good as it needs to be now, I just need to disable the horizontal scroll bar!

(I swear you'll see what I mean when it's finished)

Cheers
    Rick

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    there is no horizontal scroll at 800x600 for me

Dave

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    there is no horizontal scroll at 800x600 for me

Dave
    That's the old site! I havn't put the new site live yet...!
    The new one is FAR better, but its just the bottom scroll !

Administrator

Status
    We umm, need to see the new code to be able to tell you whats wrong
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    We umm, need to see the new code to be able to tell you whats wrong
    ok dude...

The old site is www.fourteenten.co.uk this is my band website and i'm doing it up.

The new code can be found at my "test" site, here: -

www.headup.plus.com/test

At least 1/3 of the links dont work, but thats not what I'm worried about. FYI I've set up a CSS situation, with a horizontally fluid set up.

However, the piccy at the top is DESIGNED to mainly not be seen. If you can see, I've got a massive (as in bigger than 1200 wide) image at the top... The idea is, the more res is cranked the more you see... But I DONT want it scaled, I just want it to mean that as long as you using sensible res (i.e - 768x whatever to 1200 x whatever) it doesn't matter...

I just want to disable horizontal scroll bars! I'm happy with my solution and way of doing things, I just need to disable the horizontal scrollbar factor!

Cheers
    Rick