42 users online (0 members and 42 guests)  

Thread: Navigation

Related

1. Navigation bar problems    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Navigation bar using DIV and CSS    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Navigation    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. navigation    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 7
    New User

Status

Exclamation Navagation

OK last time i posted this it got taken down because of some pop ups but here is the straight link to my site no gator no cjb.net noting just the angelfire website : http://www.angelfire.com/games5/hmlifeforever/ That is the link to my site well yesterday my navagation looked like crap i have fixed it up a little but i still need help because i still don't like the way it looks and i don't like how computers with low screen resoulitons has all my links on top of my main title.

so my problems are:

1.)navagation doesn't look good (heres a example of what i want it to look like when im done www.hmfarm.com)

2.)When I used a different computer to check it out with a smaller moniter with a normal screen resoultion all my links were on top of the main header title heres the code im using to seperate my main page and my links!

Code:
    <div STYLE="width :20%;float : left"> (all my links are in here)</div>

<div STYLE="width :60%;float : center"> (All my main page stuff)</div>

so ya if you could help me i would be very greatful

Sincerly,
    omgeavb
    (vbprogrammer)(highschool student)

PS- the admin/moderaters if you have any better free redirecting site places that doesn't have gator and that kind of stuff please tell i would really like to know snice last time you took down my post because of the cjb stuff
    Last edited by omegavb; 12-28-2003 at 09:55 AM.

Administrator

Status
    Hi,

Hopefully, someone will pipe up with a redirect service that is ethical, I dont use any.

Question 2 first: If you use float, this can happen.
    Try using clear http://css.somepeople.net/cssref/Output/property_clear.html to ensure no overlapping. Also, try enclosing all the links in a containing div, this should keep them separate.

question 1: to make it 'look good', well, if I showed you that then you wouldn't be designing it, I would. Play with it, experiment a little until you get something that looks good to you.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Thanks ill probably need some more help soon so ya thanks for the help im new to html but i have learned the basic pretty well

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    How about being original and not worrying about www.hmfarm.com

You have already stolen the background image, maybe we should just move it to "webmaster ethics".

New User

Status
    Im Changing the background but im not worried about www.hmfarm.com I am a big harvest moon fan and i got one of the new games for Christamas so it made me think to go online and research on Harvest Moon and i came across Hmfarm.com and it inspired me to make a harvest moon site!!!
    so ya but thanks for the help i guess!!!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Gotta love this quote from your page
    IF ANYTHING ON THIS SITE BELONGS TO YOU AND YOU DON'T WANT IT ON HERE JUST E-MAIL ME harvestmoonlifeforever@yahoo.com
    do you have a sign on your house "if any of our furniture belongs to you, call and it will be returned"