53 users online (0 members and 53 guests)  

Related

1. how to stop javascript via another javascript    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 8
  3. javascript obfuscator - recommendation needed?    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Replies: 2
  5. Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Question Javascript login help needed

Okay, I am in need of a Javascript login that gets and writes the user name and the user's IP address to a file. I have tried all sorts of scripts with no luck. My host (Angelfire) does not support PHP, ASP, shtml (I think), and other side server languages. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gallantwolf
    Okay, I am in need of a Javascript login that gets and writes the user name and the user's IP address to a file. I have tried all sorts of scripts with no luck. My host (Angelfire) does not support PHP, ASP, shtml (I think), and other side server languages. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks.
    As far as I know, javascript cannot write to a file.... JavaScript is client-side, meaning that the clients computer would be writing to the file on your server, this would be a bad thing (hrm.. it's amazing microsoft hasn't implemented it yet :P)

Your only choice for writing to a file like that would be to use a server side language.

According to the angelfire page, they have CGI/PERL Support... you can use a perl script to accomplish this...

And the last time I checked, Lycos support PHP... you might want to try a dummy test file on that.

- Eric

New User

Status

Hrm. Thanks for the help.