41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. Vertical Scrollin with no Vertical Scroll Bar    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Resizing Pictures    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Window resizing, again    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. resizing resolution    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Resizing a Window    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Question Help with dynamic vertical resizing

Hello,

Iím working on the transition from tables to css, and Iíve hit a snag. Iíd like to have a block at the baseline of my page ( containing links, contact info, etc.) that is at least x pixels from the top, but will also expand dynamically downward as needed when the content above it requires more space. If I make it a separate div I canít get it to move dynamically, and if I include it in the same div as the content above it, I canít get it to be at least x pixels from the top of the page.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Administrator

Status
    Hiya,

Not something I have ever tried, but have you considered putting a large margin on the top of the 'lower' div? in theory, this would work but would leave the same large gap if the page expands. Try it.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status

Talking

Have you tried to position it absolutely x number of pixels from the bottom of the page? It then would always be located under the page contents.

New User

Status

Thanks

I've tried both suggestions, and neither one produced exactly the results I'm looking for. I've implemented a stopgap solution using overflow=auto, just so I can keep working on the rest of the site. Nevertheless, I'm always so impressed by how willing you guys are to share your time and expertise. So thanks alot.

If I come up with a solution that's more akin to what I'm trying to achieve, I'll post it.