48 users online (0 members and 48 guests)  

Related

1. Simple shoutbox    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. simple xml problem    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Keep It Simple S****d    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Simple Site...Need Table Help...    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

My simple art site...

Ello all!

Okay...let me explain myself really quick:

I'm making a personal art site for myself and I'm also trying to make my own layout as well (or a Frankenstein type at least ^_^;. Anyway, this is what I have so far but I have a major problem with it that I was wondering if you could help with it.

The column of 3 tables are supposed to be on the right, sitting next to the middle table and the scroll bar. Unfortunatly, they are below the middle table and in IE they are on the LEFT side!

But I want your input on this too...predicting in your mind what it is supposed to look like, is it appealing and such? (Keep in mind that currently none of the links are working and I will be chaning a few colors around...)

Thanks in advance, I hope I'm not asking too much of you!

http://www.angelfire.com/goth/addy_site/layout.html

(next is my old art site....)

http://www.angelfire.com/goth/addy_site

*MAJOR NOTE: I have it on my angelfire account temporarily, so it does have a few ugly ads on it but I have bought my own domain and such for it so we won't have to worry about the ads later on... just try to ignore them...

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I am not following.

The tables are inside your iframe...so they should be to the left of the scrollbar???

Dave

New User

Status
    uhm....huh? The 3 mini-table should be to the *right* of the middle table with the small scrollbar and to the *left* of the main scroll bar...in the middle of those two, basically. Its just that the image is pushing them out of the way...is there a way to keep that image there and have everything kind of float on it? I like having it the way it is and I would rather not have it as a tile (that would look quite tacky in this case).

Sorry if I haven't made myself clear...^_^;;
    Last edited by AllyRene; 01-10-2004 at 12:12 PM.

Status

Not sure I'm following, either......

I understand that you want the "3 mini table" to the left of the middle table with the scrollbar, but how could it be there [i]and[/i] to the right of the main scrollbar. (That would put it somewhere over my right speaker )
    Also, if the "3 mini table" were "in the middle of those two, basically." then it [i]wouldn't[/i] be [i]right[/i] of the main scrollbar and [i]left[/i] of the middle table with the scrollbar.

Which image is pushing what out of the way? Is it anything that can be solved by a "[b]style="background-image:url(image.gif);background-position:fixed[/b]" kind of thing?
    Last edited by Android; 01-10-2004 at 05:33 AM.

New User

Status
    Wow...silly me, I had the directions mixed up...*hits head against wall*

The image that is throwing things off is the image of the purple girl behind everything...I tried the code that you gave me, but it didn't do anything.

I'm at a loss of what to do...I really like this layout, but if this doesn't work I'm going to have to start all over again...

Status
    Do you mean that the image is pushing you're navigation menu down the page? That's because you're using a table layout. It get's really awkward, unless you make the purple girl the background of the cell you want her to appear in.
    It might be easier to use CSS positioning.

New User

Status
    [QUOTE=Android]Do you mean that the image is pushing you're navigation menu down the page? That's because you're using a table layout. It get's really awkward, unless you make the purple girl the background of the cell you want her to appear in.
    It might be easier to use CSS positioning.[/QUOTE]

CSS positioning? Ah...I've never done anything like that...care to explain it to me? (Or at least point me in the direction of some tutorials or something...)
    I just want to make sure that the page can be viewed from as many browsers as possible...
    Thanks!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Look at the very top of this page for a link to Quietdeans CSS tutorials.

Dave