32 users online (1 members and 31 guests)  

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Frigidaire dryer

Can I post about clothes dryers in the General Discussion forum?

I am having problems with my mother in laws dryer. Typically you would push the start button and the dryer will run until the timer shuts it off. When you push the start button it runs, release the start button and it shuts off. I have replaced the start button, no luck.

I am hoping somewhere along the line somebody has come across this before.

Now I am off to my mother in laws to clean smoke damage from a fire this past weekend.

When it rains it pours

Dave

Status
    Try following the wiring from the switch to see if it's controlling some kind of relay. If the timer's off, does the motor still run when the button is pushed?
    Barring a problem in the timing circuitry, it's difficult to troubleshoot this way. Can you provide a link? (That's if the dryer is internet enabled )
    Have you searched for a household appliance support forum?
    BTW my fridge gave out just before Christmas with about $200 bucks worth of meat in it.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    A relay was my next guess. From the push switch 1 wire goes to the door switch the other down below the drum. I also figured the relay if there was one would have been located at the top with the other gizmos. It is quite possible that the motor may contain the relay, in which case $$

Dave

Administrator

Status

Forgot to add

I joined one support forum, never got the required confirmation link( have been checking the junk folder too) and another "ask a question" site withouit a reply.

Status
    ever think of checking something simple as in the door?

I had a problem with the door closing on my dryer.. it would look closed, but after it ranf or a few seconds, the door would jar loose a bit and it would shut off, cuz the button was released

Hey, ya never know :P

Administrator

Status

It is not in the door switch.

Dave