37 users online (1 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. Iframe won't display in safari :(    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. aligning page contents    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. Aligning Top Frame in IE7    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Aligning Text in Tables    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  5. CSS layout and aligning....    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Aligning iframe to display in different browsers?

I have a page that was developed from a template. It uses the iframe tag to display another page in the middle of the page. Works fine in IE, but not in Opera or Netscape, where it shifts to the left. I've tried to contact the author of the template but got dead links. I could go with another design but I'm partial to this layout. My 2 year old son died just before Christmas and I am creating a website in his honor. This page represents him well and would like to keep the theme. Any suggestion will be appreciated and I can mail the page toanyone interested in looking at it. Thanks
    Ken

Status
    First of all, my deepest condolences on the death of your son.

Can you post a link to the page so that we can see what's happening?

New User

Status

A couple of ways we can go!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I can't do that until later today or tomorrow because I am just waiting for the domain littleboo.ca to be pointed to the server that I am hosting with. It should be completed in the next 24hrs. So I can either mail you the files to look at locally or we can wait until it is actually uploaded. The other thing that I can do is because I have some space with Lycos I can upload it to there and send you the link. Whichever you prefer. Thanks for help and concern.
    Ken

Status
    Well, I'm at work right now, so I probably won't be able to look at the code in any detail until this evening. Whatever works best for you. I'm flexible.

New User

Status

Zipped file included

Hi:
    I'm including a zipped file of the site so far. I uploaded it to the Lycos server but their ads & banners made a mess of it and it's far too confusing. I appreciate your time spent on my problem. Thank you.
    Ken
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hello Tigawac,

I too would like to share my condolences on your loss.

I have temporarily uploaded everything to http://www.ahfb2000.com/littleboo/brenden.html Once your domain name propagates I will remove this link and its associated files.

Right off I noticed something, though unrelated to the issue in question. Your link to image ag00130_.GIF should be changed to AG00130_.GIF to match the exact file name that you have. Unix servers can be picky about lower/upper case.

Dave

New User

Status

Thank you

Thanks for the tip Dave and for your sympathies. It has changed our lives forever. Please visit the site once it is up and running. I am always open to suggestions. It looks like I forgot to include the background file, autumnboo.jpg with the zipped file but that isn't too important I guess.
    Ken

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Enigma, have you had a chance to look at this? I do not have either browser so I cannot be of any help.

Dave

Status
    Sorry, some RL stuff came up. I don't have either browser yet. Hope to get to download them today, if RL stuff will cooperate.

Status
    I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to look at this. RL stuff abounds so that I usually have only about 15-30 minutes at a time to do other stuff. I would appreciate it if someone else could take a look.