45 users online (1 members and 44 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. view at the top of page    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Replies: 1
  4. Google to Go Public in $2.7 Billion IPO    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

mikerowesoft.com - The public view

Everyone must by now have heard about Mike Rowe and his quest against Microsoft for his domain mikerowesoft.com....what do you think? Post your views here or alternatively post them at www.mikerowesoft.co.uk where a forum has been setup for the sole purpose of supporting Mike. So comon, lets here your views!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dannylee
    Everyone must by now have heard about Mike Rowe and his quest against Microsoft for his domain mikerowesoft.com....what do you think? Post your views here or alternatively post them at www.mikerowesoft.co.uk where a forum has been setup for the sole purpose of supporting Mike. So comon, lets here your views!!!
    This is my exact post on SitePoint Forums regarding this topic

I don't agree with either party...

The kid should have known it was going to happen, and im sure it did

Then again, microsoft shouldn't go sueing some 17 year old kid, and offer $10 for a domain that they claim is hazardous to there trademark.. I mean come on, it's hurting a mutli-billion dollars company trademark, and they offer the kid $10... that's complete c#$@. Grow up Microsoft, grow up Mike Rowe, you knew you had it coming

Eric

Administrator

Status
    My view: If Mike had kept his mouth shut about 'trying his luck' etc then I imagine MS wouldn't have a leg to stand on. In a web-based media 'how it sounds' is not very good grounds at all. As it is, the spelling is completely different.

AS it is, I am on Mikes side. however, he has release some silly statements that might land him in hot water.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status

Thumbs up I am with Dean on this...

Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    My view: If Mike had kept his mouth shut about 'trying his luck' etc then I imagine MS wouldn't have a leg to stand on. In a web-based media 'how it sounds' is not very good grounds at all. As it is, the spelling is completely different.

AS it is, I am on Mikes side. however, he has release some silly statements that might land him in hot water.
    Peace

If creativity, or piggy-backing on the last development was not allowed...
    We would not have this:
    1. response;
    2. bulletin board;
    3. issue;
    4. and Mikerowesoft...
    5. Not to mention Microsoft...who is no bastion of corporate morality.

Here is the reality...
    Little guys are the food of big guys unless you can give them a big enough belly-ache....
    There are no other rules in conventional society...so a whale and small fry battle may be brewing...and someone may get paid...

Not sure you should lose any sleep...we may just not hear about him again...most persons have their point of captulation.

Peace