30 users online (1 members and 29 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 3
  2. Replies: 3
  3. Replies: 0
  4. browser blocks script    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 2
  5. Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Launching cgi script in New Browser Window

Hi people

Looking for help with what should be a simple command But since Im new to Scripting I dont know it or the correct Syntax.

I have a Icon in my Ineternet Explorer toolbar that runs a cgi script. Script works ok But when I click the button to launch it the script runs in the Current Internet Explorer window. I Need it to run in a New Browser Window.

Click the button, A new browser window opens and the script runs in That Window. Sounds Simple right. Dam If I can figure out how to do it. Please Help.

On a Much Harder Note, Does anyone know of a way to Pull the Current Url from the address bar of Internet Explorer and Paste it into a form in a Cgi Script. Can this be done and how Hard would it be to implement.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Status
    For the second part, the current URL is in the Javascript variable document.location.href. You should be able to write some Javascript to grab that value and embed it in the form.

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma
    For the second part, the current URL is in the Javascript variable document.location.href. You should be able to write some Javascript to grab that value and embed it in the form.

Hi

Where exactly is this variable document.location.href Located and What is it. I did a file search and a Regedit search but came up empty.

My Script skills are slim to none. I might be willing to pay a few bucks for some help. Exactly what Im trying to do is this.

I run a cgi program on my site called Hotlinks.

http://outlands.ws/cgi-bin/hotlinks/index.cgi

1 - I want to beable to Call the Addlink.cgi program from a button on the Toolbar of Internet Explorer. Ive Already done this using a program called IE toolbar manager.

2 - Have the cgi file launch & run in a New Window. Havent figured this out yet but I think its pretty easy.

3 - Have additional coding in the script that Pulls the url from the current IE page and Pastes it in the slot for the url address of the addlink.cgi program. This is beyond me.

Basically instead of Add to Favorites I want a Add to Hotlinks. What do you think. Anybody Interested.

Thanks