36 users online (1 members and 35 guests)  

Related

1. pinging times out    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Interesting Table Question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3

Status

Talking HYDRA ~ Unbreachable or is it ~ Interesting Times

Peace..

H/Lo World of AHFB-ers
    Just saw this...thought it would be good to share.
    Hes confident system can stop any virus

It sounds impossible, but Bodacion Technologies' Eric Uner claims to have discovered the holy grail of Internet security. Starting at a cool $17,000, businesses can buy Bodacion's "HYDRA" system to protect their Internet servers from every single virus, worm, or Trojan horse on earth. If you don't believe it, you could have tried to penetrate HYDRA to win Bodacion's $100,000 hacker prize. Tens of thousands of people signed up, but no one could, Uner says.
    Interesting indeed...so what do you think...out of this world or in it...
    The changing algorhythms sounds like recipe for success, but isn't the same changing feature the weakness...

Off the cuff...one could theorize an equally mutating worm, sync-ing at some point... and voila !!!hmmmm!

That is a newbie thought and not based on any sound knowledge the type of mathematics or numbers that facilitate this...but it just makes you wonder...

That is my take...do you have any???

http://www.suntimes.com/output/hitechqa/cst-fin-lundy22w.html

Requesting your comments
    Peace

Status

If you can hack it, then you can afford to buy it, including installation.

Status

Cool True

Quote Originally Posted by Android

If you can hack it, then you can afford to buy it, including installation.

I guess, very true... LOL....
    I am very interested in seeng where this goes.

I am thinking some twelve year old who has been sent to his room, rather than go out to play...will just use that window of opportunty to break it, all done between complaning, telephoning his friends and playing with his thumbs.

The general principle in life is "what man can do, man can undo"...it never fails...!!!!

Here is the joke of it...it always takes less effort to undo than it takes to do...!!!!
    Like I said interesting times...ahead
    Last edited by wahid; 01-24-2004 at 07:49 PM.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wahid
    I guess, very true... LOL....
    I am very interested in seeng where this goes.

Here is the joke of it...it always takes less effort to undo than it takes to do...!!!!
    Like I said interesting times...ahead
    It's actually been available for a couple of years. It works because the OS is embedded (hard burned onto a chip) so it can't be altered. It's not a new principle, it's just one good application of it.
    It's a good challenge that I have no doubt will waste alot of kids time.
    On the other hand, is it ethical to challenge kids to do something that can only result in low self-esteeme? Then again, who cares ?
    LOL

Status

Talking Snake Oil???

Quote Originally Posted by Android
    It's actually been available for a couple of years. It works because the OS is embedded (hard burned onto a chip) so it can't be altered. It's not a new principle, it's just one good application of it.
    It's a good challenge that I have no doubt will waste alot of kids time.
    On the other hand, is it ethical to challenge kids to do something that can only result in low self-esteeme? Then again, who cares ?
    LOL
    Hi Android

Thanx for pickng this up and responding to it.
    You have also shed some new light unto it...mentioning that the OS is hardburned in the chip.

I must add though that trying to find ethics on the net or among mankind is not an advisable activity.

Not because it does not exist, but because Man does not subscribe to any universal notion of any behaviour with ethics.

Usually what is ethical is either cultural or religious, and that is another debate altogether, and what is ethical is more and more becoming a personal opionion based on feeling and not justice or wisdom.

On the other hand, even culturally bound or religious ethics, whichever one a person may choose, does not delimit any person from this particular activity.
    This is simply because the goodly gentleman had issued such a challenge...so there goes the ethics.

Indeed even if he did withdraw the challenge...what's done is done...human nature being as multi-dimensional as the expanding universe, one person may choose to say he has spent so much time on it already, and that he needs more time...

Assuming he is speaking the truth, who is to tell how much time he will really need, and how much should realistically be given, or even considered, if the request for more time is to be entertained.
    That is another Pandora's box.

Here is another issue...in the challenge and offer...are the opportunity for even more advancement in knowledge...
    So whether the attraction to this enterprise is taken up by a small child or an adult...ethics is likely to be so far removed it will not even factor.

And true...perhaps no one cares...perhaps!!!

Anyway Android...you may find this interesting or amusing.

http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-9902.html

Again thanx for your post...without your response...it was kinda lonely...LOL
    Thanx also for the new info...

Peace...
    Last edited by wahid; 01-25-2004 at 01:17 AM.