27 users online (1 members and 26 guests)  

Thread: whata ya think?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

You are catching on, but if you have a decent stats counter on your site you will see the HUGE number of people that use that resolution. If you ignore those users, you are ignoring over half your potential audience.

allstarr

Minus 15-20 people, the main screen resolutions are 800x600 and 1024x768, the one I'm using is 1024x768. They're basically split in half with an edge of 10-15 going to the 800x600 size resolution. Tell me, is my main page small enough? And, are my other pages to big. I've want to know from someone who's using a different computer, etc.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

set your monitor to 800x600 that is what everybody else sees at 800x600.

Dave

allstarr

Dave, just tell me what it looks like to you. On my monitor when I switch, I only get half the page and it won't let me scroll, the icons on my screen are 1inchx1inch big! Trust me, I've seen an 800x600 monitor on another computer before, and it is smaller. Please tell me.

Administrator

Status

lol. Minimise all your browser windows, change resolution, then maximise them again.Then you will see exactly what all us poor sods with 15" monitors see.

allstarr

wow, I'm glad I have a 17" montitor. But, any of the 800x600 people that I get, and three fourths of them come back, so I guess it's not that bad. And I changed the main page to smaller, so it'll be better. And I viewed it on the new MSN Explorer browser, which is a pretty small viewing screen, and everything but the main page was ok. So, I hope it's alright.

New User

Status

Hey, cool site allstarr! I really like the design of your site. I do have a couple of suggestions.

That ad at the top of your site is way to large. If angelfire requires that, switch your free webspace provider. Plus that ad popup is annoying. May I suggest spaceports http://www.spaceports.com for a great fwp.

That popup that comes up and tells your visitors to look at your pictures is also kind of annoying. I would suggest to get rid of it and instead put something on your main page talking about your pictures.

I actually am not interested in DBZ but I have sent your site to several of my friends who love DBZ!

allstarr

lol, we must be on at the same time, because I just replyed to your message and the last post here was by me, I got done, and it was by you. First of all, that banner is just my counter, it's an awesome counter that tells me everything, so I can't change it's size, and I really want to recieve its ervice. Second of all, I think the pop-up window is lots less annoying than putting the banner on my page. I have the choice to have the pop-up window, or put the angelfire banner on my web page. I chose the pop-up window. I'm not intrested to much in DBZ, but I kinda like it, and my brother had ALOT of crap about it, so I put it all on the web site. Thanks for telling your friends. My site is just starting out and I need all the "publicity" that I can get. I've really thought hard on switching to spaceports, and I just don't want to go through a whole nother hassle on switching to it, and changing the search engine settings on all the like 18 that I submitted my site too. Thanks for your comments!

-allstarr

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2