40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 4
  2. Identical links on same page    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. List Of Links In The Page    Forum: Javascript Forum
  4. Different Colored Links On One Page?    Forum: HTML Forum
  5. Links to same page not working on Macs    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Different Colored Links On One Page?

Is there a way to have different colors link, vlink, alink within a table? For example if I two columns can I have white links on a blue background in one column and blue links on a white background in the other? I'm aware of how to change the background color within a table, just not the link color.

Thanks
    Brownies

bald headed old fart

Status
    chertsey, a small town 25 miles south west of london, england.
    Hi there Brownies,

Here is an example for you...
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <style type="text/css">
    table{border:solid 1px #000000;}
    td#one{width:100px;height:100px;background-color:#0000ff;border:solid 1px #000000;}
    td#two{width:100px;height:100px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #000000;}
    a.white:link{font-family:arial;font-size:20px;color:#ffffff;text-decoration:none;}
    a.white:visited{font-family:arial;font-size:20px;color:#ffffff;text-decoration:none;}
    a.white:hover{color:#ffffff;text-decoration:underline;}
    a.white:active{color:#ffffff;}
    a.blue:link{font-family:arial;font-size:20px;color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
    a.blue:visited{font-family:arial;font-size:20px;color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
    a.blue:hover{color:#f0000ff;text-decoration:underline;}
    a.blue:active{color:#0000ff;}
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <table><tr>
    <td id="one"><a class="white" href="this html">white link</a></td>
    <td id="two"><a class="blue" href="that html">blue link</a></td>
    </tr><table>
    </body>
    </html>
    For further instruction in 'css' try these two links...

css.somepeople
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

cthead

New User

Status
    Hey Coothead!

Thanks for the script. I'm wondering- I already have an html page with tables, all kind of js on it already. Can I add this to the existing page without it being a problem? Also can I add cellpadding and spacing?

I know I need to learn css, but I'm more than a bit overwhelmed. I actually work better looking at lines and lines of script and pulling it apart than reading a tutorial about how it functions. Like ripping apart an engine to learn it's process vs reading how to repair an engine. Probably a bad example since I can't repair my engine either. But you get the idea.

Brownies

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hi brownies,

If you post your table code somebody should be able to add the css to it pretty easily. This, when looking at both versions, should help you to learn exactly how it works and enable you to do it in other tables.

Dave