56 users online (1 members and 55 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. Learning HTML+CSS    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Question Learning javascript

I have been doing searches and reading until my eyes are going to pop out. I am playing this only game and I need a clue/hint about javascript.

The first page has this:

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE> So you want the code? </TITLE>

<SCRIPT>

function loadescrip(lookup) {

if (lookup == 'amateur') {
    alert('"A person who does something without professional skill"');
    } else if (lookup == 'security') {
    alert('"Protection or defence, against attack, espionage, etc."');
    } else if (lookup == 'pathetic') {
    alert('"Pitifully unsuccessful, ineffective, etc."');
    } else if (lookup == 'futile') {
    alert('"Useless, Vain, Hopeless"');
    } else if (lookup == 'own') {
    alert('"belonging or relating to oneself or itself"');
    } else if (lookup == 'won') {
    alert('"To gain a victory; be victorious, triumph"');
    } else if (lookup == 'access') {
    alert('"The right to enter, approach, or use; admitance."');
    }

}

function gothere() {
    location.href='%47%21%23%23.php';
    }

</SCRIPT>

</HEAD>
    <BODY BGCOLOR="#000000" link="##00FF00" alink="#00FF00" vlink="#00FF00">
    <font FACE="Arial" SIZE="2" COLOR="#00FF00">
    <center><h1>How did this get on to your system!?! </h1></center>
    <p align="justify">
    Let me explain - you are <a href="javascript:loadescrip('amateur');">amateurs!</a> A 5 year old could of broken into your systems - and why? because you don't know the first thing about <a href="javascript:loadescrip('security');">security</a>!
    </p>
    <p align="justify">
    You think this is the end? Think again - instead of crippling your <a href="javascript:loadescrip('pathetic');">pathetic</a> systems...we have decided to play a game with you. You have no choice in the matter...either you play, and make a <a href="javascript:loadescrip('futile');">futile</a> attempt at regaining your system...or you give up, and admit we <a href="javascript:loadescrip('own');">own</a> U. Either way - we have <a href="javascript:loadescrip('won');">won</a>.
    </p>
    <p align="justify">
    By now you should have realised that you no longer have <a href="javascript:loadescrip('access');">access</a> to your terminals. Well, here is your chance to regain access. This is easy - don't kid yourself...we want you to regain access - then the game can continue.
    </p>
    <center><A HREF="javascript:gothere();">Break the challenge and you will find your answer</a></center>

</BODY>
    </HTML>

I have read enough about java script to know that you have to have it enabled to allow it to work....so, I disabled javascript in my broswer and entired "http://www.mod-x.co.uk/%47%21%23%23.php" into my address line. Of course I get a blank page and it has this code:

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Null</TITLE>
    <SCRIPT>

var string = "3be315jfnbcv7323fx";
    var enigma = "";
    var whatisthis = "var myxor = prompt('Password:','');for (y=1; y<5; y++) {enigma += (string.indexOf(y)+1);}enigma += 5;if (myxor==enigma){enigma = enigma + '.php';location.href=enigma;}else{location.href='hahaha.php';}";

eval(whatisthis);

</SCRIPT>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>&nbsp;</BODY>
    </HTML>

From what I have read and learn I know that this is a client side script that and that "whatisthis" is the variable/password. I just can't figure out what it is. If you reply to this post and you knwo the answer, please do NOT give it to me. I don't like being stumped but I love the challenge. What I need instead is someone to break the second page of code down for me. Or a good site to read up on these types of scripts so that I can understand them better.

Thanks for the help

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Why start a second thread with a second user name?

thread closed - user name deleted