40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. From cd to webpage?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. First Webpage    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 2
  3. Replies: 1
  4. Need some help with a webpage    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Webpage within a webpage?

Hello,

This is what I want to do with my page, but can't figure it out. When a user clicks on one of the links on the left of my page (in the left column), I want my page to call up a separate webpage in the center column --- but keep the other columns the same (I am using tables).

I am also working with php. And the include() as well as require() commands work, but they don't actually read the html correctly on the page I want to call up into the center of my main page. For example, if I put a header on the page I want to call up, the include as well as require commands will not use the header information, but only display the code on my main page. This is not what I want. I actually want it to read the header (and use the header information)....not just display the code.

I also want to avoid iframes....since those scrollbars take up too much space and are hard to work with.

Is this possible?

My webpage I'm working with is: www.cstrikerun.com

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Administrator

Status
    Yay another CS fan

Your includes should process any php you have in the included file. So if your setting headers with php, they should work too.

How are you setting your headers?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Well, I'm not using php headers (I don't know how to use them), I'm using html headers. I'm using php commands to recall html files. So here is the html code I'm putting into my headers:

<html>
    <head>
    a:link {color:#B5091A}
    a:visited {color:#B5091A}
    a:active {color:#B5091A}
    a:hover {color:white}
    </head>
    <body>
    My main body
    </body>
    </html>

When I call up the pages (with this code in it for links) I want it to use the link colors for the pages called up in the center column, not the header I have for my main page used in the left column.

And I did a little more searching on the forums and I think that iframes are what I'm looking for. It will allow me to change the center of my page and keep everything else constant. I hope they aren't more trouble than they're worth though.

Glad to know there are other cs fans out there too
    Last edited by Velo; 02-15-2004 at 08:48 PM. Reason: just noticed something