53 users online (1 members and 52 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 5
  2. Replies: 0
  3. Replies: 2
  4. 7 Fully-Developed Linux Domains    Forum: Domain Name Sales
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Iframe src not fully loading

Hey there,

When I click on a link to another part of my website, and then click the "back to main page" option, the iframe on my main page does not fully load the source page (sometimes). Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't...it seems very glitchy.

Is there a reason why the source page won't fully load?

Here is my iframe code:

<!-- Second Column -->
    <td bgcolor="#8E8E8E" width="65%" height="100%" valign="top">
    <iframe id="the_iframe" onLoad="calcHeight();" name="center" width="600" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 src="/introduction.html" target="center"><noframes>Your browser doesn't support Iframes</noframe></iframe>
    </td>

I also borrowed a java script someone else made that detects the height of each page which looks like this:

<!-- Iframes Length Script -->
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    function calcHeight()
    {
    var the_height=document.getElementById('the_iframe').contentWindow.document.body.scrollHeight;//find the height of the internal page
    document.getElementById('the_iframe').style.height=the_height;//change the height of the iframe
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    <!-- End of Iframes Script -->

My website is here: www.cstrikerun.com

Please let me know if it happens to you too, and if there is a fix for it.

Thanks again,
    Velo

New User

Status
    any particular page you visit before coming back, and it not loading correctly? i've tried all the pages on the left navigation, and come back to the page loading correctly. also, at what point does the source page stop loading?

New User

Status
    Well it tends to happen a lot when going to the "Download Original Player Models" or the "Forums" links, and then proceed to click on the "Back to Main Page" options on those pages. It either doesn't load, or stops at about the 4th line down in the Introduction. I guess if it is working, maybe it's something on my machine or funky with my browser....

I just tested it with those two pages and both times my iframe on my index page turns up blank

New User

Status
    interesting.. i've tried both of those a couple times just now, and i although it takes a split second longer to load, the iframe comes up fine. what browser and version are you using?

New User

Status
    Internet Explorer version 6.0 (at least that's what it tells me).

Also, maybe try clicking on a picture in the "introduction" section. And then on "back to main page".....it does it a lot for me then too.

Well I guess if it works for other people it's all good. heheh
    Last edited by Velo; 02-16-2004 at 11:10 PM.