36 users online (1 members and 35 guests)  

Related

1. Playing video on my site    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Big movie site want link Exchange!    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 0
  3. help with flash movie and HTML    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Easiest way to view images on a website    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Unhappy easiest way to get a flash movie playing on my site

i have macromedia dreamweaver but when i try to play my flash movie on my site using the code it produces it takes a long time. I was wondering what the easiest way for me to get a flash movie on my site.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    What is the size of your .swf file? This is more than likely the reason for the slow load.

I am happy for you that you recognize the problem, you would be surprised how many webmasters just do not get it when it comes to page load times, they just have to have that 625,000 byte jpeg.

Dave

New User

Status

Size o file

the movie is 733 KB. Would that prevent if from playing? i have a pretty descent processor and am usually connected with DSL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    What is the size of your .swf file? This is more than likely the reason for the slow load.

I am happy for you that you recognize the problem, you would be surprised how many webmasters just do not get it when it comes to page load times, they just have to have that 625,000 byte jpeg.

Dave

New User

Status

Also....

I know that flash movies are saved as SWF files, i was used to it with flash 4. I just got that how macromedia MX package and it saves the flash documents as *.FLA files. I was trying to see how it saved the flash movies but couldn't find it.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeypoopoo
    the movie is 733 KB. Would that prevent if from playing? i have a pretty descent processor and am usually connected with DSL.

That is wonderful...if you build your website for yourself. If you are building a website for OTHERS to enjoy it is terrible. Actually it is more than 10 times bigger than a page should be. Folks on a 56k dial up are not going to wait around for a flash file which is close to a meg to download.

Dave

New User

Status
    is there any way to minimize the file, or a way to put the file as a link so that only those that want to see it can, it is a ultra sound from my wife and i wanted to show it to my family in california.

Administrator

Status

Congratulations

Obviously this is a legit use of a large flash file, thus negates everything I said

I am not myself familiar enough with flash to know if there are optimizers like there are for regular images.

If you embed it in an internal page a do a basic href link only those that wish to will visit it. I would feel confident that family and friends would understand the download time .

Dave