83 users online (1 members and 82 guests)  

1. Replies: 0
  2. CSS Buttons and the Submit    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. Best Submit    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Mailto: Submit    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 11
    New User

Submit it mistake

Well I think I just wasted $80. I purchused microsofts submit it, I optimised my pages and submitted it to there selected engines and no results. Is there more I can do with this software.
    Is there a way to tell how you rank on a specific search engine.
    Last edited by simpson; 02-25-2004 at 11:09 AM.

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    How long ago have you submitted? It can take time for the search engines to spider your pages.

That said, I have to agree that in some respects it was a waste of money. The directories on the list are worthless and will probably account for less than 1% of your traffic COMBINED. The search engines I will list below

Alexa -uses google

AllTheWeb/Lycos -Alltheweb is now owned by Yahoo, does produce traffic but submission is free last I checked though submitting is not needed as they will find you if you have backlinks.

Claymont -who???

Entireweb.com -waste of time

EZSearches - same as above

Google/AOL/ Netscape/iWon -all use Google, very valuable traffic, like alltheweb subbmission is not needed they will find you if you have backlinks.

Inter-Change -waste of time

************* -waste of time

MSN -currently using inktomi(owned by Yahoo)

Search It -very little traffic

Searchalot -very little traffic but not as bad as others.

Voila! -lol

WalHello -lol

The search engine market is changing rapidly right now. At this time you should concentrate efforts on Google and Yahoo (inktomi and allthe web). MSN is in the process of building their own.