42 users online (0 members and 42 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 2
  2. stretching div    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Template Stretching with CSS    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Replies: 2
  5. stretching image    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 7
    Evil twin of Dave

Status

stretching table

I want my table to continue until it hits the bottom of the viewable area. I have done this before but I haven't had to build anything in HTML recently so I can't seem to get it to work.

Texan at Heart

Status
    You can try:
    Code:
    <table border="0" width="100%" height="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    No that doesn't do what I want. that was the first thing that I tried. I got it though, thanks.

Status

Question Could you share your solution, please

Quote Originally Posted by mr. orange
    No that doesn't do what I want. that was the first thing that I tried. I got it though, thanks.
    Peace...

Is it a solution you can share with us.?
    Grateful your response.
    Thanx
    Peace.
    Wahid

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    what I wanted was to be able to have my page centered in the middle of the screen and to have a boarder that streched all the way to the bottom of the screen. I accomplished this as so:

<frameset cols="1*,791,1*" border="0" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO">
    <frame src="left.htm" name="left" noresize scrolling="NO" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
    <frame src="layout.htm" name="main_index" noresize scrolling="NO" frameborder="NO" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
    <frame src="right.htm" name="right" noresize scrolling="NO" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
    </frameset>
    <noframes>
    <body>
    </body>
    </noframes>

I'm still working on it, but you can see what I've done so far at http://65.213.227.15:8002/index2.htm

Status

Thumbs up Thanx a lot

Quote Originally Posted by mr. orange
    what I wanted was to be able to have my page centered in the middle of the screen and to have a boarder that streched all the way to the bottom of the screen. I accomplished this as so:

<frameset cols="1*,791,1*" border="0" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO">
    <frame src="left.htm" name="left" noresize scrolling="NO" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
    <frame src="layout.htm" name="main_index" noresize scrolling="NO" frameborder="NO" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
    <frame src="right.htm" name="right" noresize scrolling="NO" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
    </frameset>
    <noframes>
    <body>
    </body>
    </noframes>

I'm still working on it, but you can see what I've done so far at http://65.213.227.15:8002/index2.htm
    Peace
    H/Lo Mr. Orange
    Thanx for the quick response and the link.

Re: the Link.
    I like your choice of colours, kinda like cool easy on the eyes on a clear and bright day.

I think it has a very calming effect.
    May I suggest some shade of orange, yellow, or orangey yellow, or a sunshiney-suggesting colour tone somewhere on the page.

While I like the cool of blue, some persons may think (at least the universal response to) that kind of blue is cold rather than cool.

Thought I would say that.
    Of course you could choose to forego all of what I said, no problemo.

You know you should not go pleasing everyone, after all any site is a compromise between, technology use, coding skill, fitness for purpose, user-frendliness, and what one likes oneself. That is hard enough to begin with...LOL .

I like what it looks like already.

Peace
    Wahid
    Last edited by wahid; 02-26-2004 at 06:36 PM.