43 users online (2 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. a bit of help with strange unescape    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Strange Problem (layout)    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Strange Error HELP    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Strange Things Do Happen    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 3
  5. Strange problem with print css    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Strange stuff with CSS on Windows 98

Strangest thing.. I have a really clean coded site and I recently modified my style sheet as well. Everything works perfectly in Mozilla and IE on Win XP but I saw it on IE6 for Windows 98 and talk about strange..
    The site would load with a huge gap at the top and when I rolled my mouse over any of the global navigation icons, the gap would jump even more and the page structure would shift downward on the page.. I don't have WIN98 but maybe someone out there does and can double check something for me. For my key DIV sections at the top I added a vertical-align:top in the stylesheet and I am hoping that keeps everything nice and tight up top.. Perhaps someone else has another suggestion if my idea does not solve the problem...

Here is the site. check it out on IE on WIN98 and let me know if you have any problems..

http://www.professorprint.com

thanks in advance..

Administrator

Status
    I dont have win98, unfortunately.

However, the problem could be from an older version of IE rather than win98 itself. If anyone out there is using an older IE version, please checkout the link above and let us know. Thanks.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    looks fine here on 98/ie6. Are you using Norton anti-virus by chance?

New User

Status

Style sheet issue

Thanks for the help. It looks like it has been solved. The vertical align helped as well as cleaning up my stylesheet at w3 using the CSS tidy online. THanks.

Josh