45 users online (1 members and 44 guests)  

View Poll Results: Have the changes to AHFB been an improvement, or am I going the wrong direction?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dave, what is wrong with you!

0 0%
  • I want more tutorials!

1 33.33%
  • yaddayaddayadda...who cares

0 0%
  • it is a little better, but dont stop now.

0 0%
  • This may be one of the best webmaster sites on the net

2 66.67%

Thread: let me have it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

let me have it

OK, I have sent a lot of time over the last couple of weeks tuning up the site. Though I am not done yet, I would like a little feedback from all you users

Rather than just voting, I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions on what I can do to improve the site and keep you folks coming back! What would you like to see added, what would you not mind seeing go.

ok let me have it.

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 08-13-2001 at 01:36 PM.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Administrator

Status

Talking Funny you should ask that..

Hows about a forum for CSS? We got HTML, Scripting, but no CSS

BTW Board looks fantastic!
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Issue resolved

D

allstarr

nothin

Dean, you and CSS man, haha. Dave, on the poll the option "This may be the best webmaster site ever" or whatever, is 100%. Cause I'M the only one that's voted yet! Haha. Laterz.

P.S. Love the new information available, and the new forums, they will really be an as-set(it will get edited if they're together ) to this site and your sites credibility. I hope when mines released and out for a while it will get some "credit" out there in all the webmaster sites availble, or just html sites even. Haha, laterz.

Administrator

Status

Another idea..

How about an archive forum? For threads that explain/give examples really well?

you know, all those questions about 'How do I underline my links?' and 'how do I make a link update two frames? ' .

Some of the questions we answer can be very complex, and turn out to be an education for the Answerer as well as the answeree ( are these [b]real words[/b]? ).

Not so much an FAQ thread archive, more of a 'well, thats REALLY handy' archive.

What do you think guys?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

It could be a good idea, but one that could be very time consuming trying to figure which threads to move to it. I may consider it after I get some more things on my list completed.

not everything goes as fast as adding the CSS forum

D

Status
    Is there a setting where links in posts and signatures will open in a new window? Pretty please?????????

Administrator

Status

Hmm, signatures should most definately open in a new window...should not be a problem. Links in the actual post could be a little more difficult, but I will see what I can do.

Dave

Status
    Thanks. Just thought it was a switch somewhere to turn it on and off, since all the other VBs that I frequent have the links (in both the posts and the signatures) open in a new window. And since I'm used to it that way and you know what they say about "old dogs" and "new tricks".......

Status
    P.S.
    While I'm being demanding, is there any way to set the table widths in VB to percentages instead of absolute widths? At 1024x768, there's probably 1/4 to 1/3 white space to the right of the board.

Administrator

Status

NOPE! I cannot stand demanding women!

ok ok, I am kidding. In reality, it would be EXTREMELY difficult givin the complicated table design of AHFB, and the 50 -100 files in VB I would have to search out and edit. If it were on a page all its own it would be fairly easy, most forums are alone on the page, I like to be complicated

Dave

Administrator

Status

Links in the sig. already do open in a new window, I have not tried a link in a post yet.

D

Status
    http://ezhotlink.com a link in a post

Status
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dave [/i]
    [B]Links in the sig. already do open in a new window, I have not tried a link in a post yet.

D [/B][/QUOTE]

but I did!
    and thanks for whatever you did to make it so; both links in signatures and posts open in new windows.

Status
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dave [/i]
    [B]NOPE! I cannot stand demanding women!

ok ok, I am kidding. In reality, it would be EXTREMELY difficult givin the complicated table design of AHFB, and the 50 -100 files in VB I would have to search out and edit. If it were on a page all its own it would be fairly easy, most forums are alone on the page, I like to be complicated

Dave [/B][/QUOTE]

And I like to be demanding and complicated!
    Last edited by HTML; 03-08-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last