36 users online (0 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. ************* - Find Your Host    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Talking Looking for a free host that has php etc & can't find one ?

Go to www.iconrate.com/hosting

They offer 200Mb free space and they offer phpmyadmin AND mysql.
    Also, they DO NOT have ANY TYPE of ads imbedded on your site.... no banners/pop-ups.

They usually activate your account within 24-48 hours but when they have a large influx of them, it may take upto a week.
    They also have a forum too LOL

If I am not mistaken, php comes pre-installed in your cpanel. (I believe its phpnuke 7)

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    One of the most important parts of due diligence when searching for a host is to be certain that the hosts business model is one which would allow then to be here tomorrow. To be blunt, are they making enough money to survive.

lets see,

1: no charge hosting - Thats cool, free hosting is possible even if you do get what you pay for (no support, poor uptime etc.). But this service must be paid for by somebody, so that pretty much leaves advertising.

2:
    Also, they DO NOT have ANY TYPE of ads imbedded on your site.... no banners/pop-ups
    So they are just nice guys who do not mind buying servers, paying for a pipe and transfer, spending their days providing free support, should I go on

This "company" fails the most important test, at this point they may as well offer unlimited bandwidth and throw in one of those imaginary unlimited harddrives.

May be a great host for somebody who does not care if the site disappears tomorrow. I have seen too many people whine about their servers going bye-bye and they are left without a backup because they did not put enough value into the work they have done to pick a host with a touch of business sense.

just my thoughts
    Dave

New User

Status
    Dave,

They can afford the no ads platform because their parent company pays for it all with there own sites and not iconrate. Does this make sense !

Status
    And what happens when the parent company decides to no longer fund this loss leader?