46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

View Poll Results: Have you heard of this before?

Voters
753. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I had heard of this issue before and I'm outraged!

458 60.82%
  • Yes, I've heard of this before and frankly couldn't care less.

15 1.99%
  • No, this is the first time I've heard of this and I'm outraged!

240 31.87%
  • No, this is the first time I've heard of this and frankly couldn't care less.

40 5.31%

Thread: Ezula - Kazza

Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last

Related

1. Ezula problem    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
  2. Ezula    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 5
  3. eZula and Spybot    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
  4. ezula    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 0

Status

count me in for rockinfewl

Count me in for paypal donation.
    Count me in for whatever alpha testing I can help with (heck it's almost time for my annual hard drive reformat, why not?).

RR- well, when the cult board first started, I was pretty much just at 50megs. As things deteriorated there, I had problems at the cult board with my browser (just before *last* year's reformat). Since then...well, hanging at cj and here and very rare appearances at other boards. Miss some folks, but I'm pretty busy these days. Here we go almost 2am again.

RoxanneJ, hope you can find some help. If you don't, let me know (BoatAnchor didn't have time to help me last I asked for some Flash advice). I know a young kid I can pay to get something done for you, if need be.

Dave, rats, mild peppers are going out of season. Sunday's chile rellanos may have been the last of the season.
    webmistress

virtually ignorant

Spicy quotes supplied upon request

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    It will have to be enchiladas for awhile

Great link from www.ihelpyouservices.com/

Cnet interviews McFadden from Gator.
    http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1014-201-7054709-0.html

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 03-20-2007 at 01:27 PM.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Cool

Hey, this is a call to those who want to participate in the Gladiator project.

No I didn't fall asleep since I suggested the Web based scum uninstaller last week.

'Have been busy digging in the different techniques involved. As I can see it, it's perfectly feasible and an implementation may direct ALL scum stande pede to scum walhalla.

Before I start, we have to go through the requirements phase though, and that's we're you come in. You're all more seasoned Web masters than I am, and may know better what users are capable of.

To collect data like that, and to invite you to collaborate on this project, I put a Wiki Web site up. Perhaps you've never heard of it, but I'm sure you'll love Wiki when you see it. http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/gladiator/wiki.cgi

The site is nothing much yet, but I'm sure you can come up with questions or suggestions (or pages) to put somewhere. Just doing it is already fun .

Anyway, keep an eye on it every few days.

RockinFewl.
    Last edited by HTML; 03-20-2007 at 01:28 PM.

Status
    Wiki is neat!!!!!

Do you want us to start working on it now or are you still testing?

I have learned a few things about all the scumware that might help a little.

Status

Talking Great!

Lookin' good!

Go Gladiator!
    webmistress

virtually ignorant

Spicy quotes supplied upon request

New User

Status
    Rockinfewl, great idea.

I also wanted to point out that I am terribly disappointed at what I have seen happen just recently, I really am losing faith in some of those third party anti scum web sites.

At webmasterfreedom.org there is another low blow to the honest webmaster community by having a checkbox AUTOMATICALLY CHECKED to subscribe to **********'s newsletter. No wonder he wants the whole world to sign the petition, because everybody who signs is automatically signed up to receive his newsletter (must be a student of Jim Wilson)

We all complained to C/net about how kaZaa used to install Top-Text with the TopText option automatically checked during installation, we complained that webmasters should "affirmatively" check the box to install TopText themselves.

They finally changed that TopText option so it is no longer automatically checked, and now this person at webmasterfreedom.org is automatically checking a box to get more people to sign up for his newsletter and this makes me upset. Nothing for this worthy cause should be "opt out only", it should be "opt in only". If people want that newsletter they can check the box themselves, why force it on them if greed is not a motive in this cause?

At wuas.org:

email you copies of the screenshots and results for a fee of as little as $30.00
    Wow, as little as $30 in some cases, what a bargain. I guess it could be as much as $100 on the high end for some cases, and $5 will be donated to a worthy cause. Great going.

After all I heard about this site being a "noble" and non monetary cause set out to recruit volunteers to help take care of these tasks voluntarily in order to help others, it disappoints me to see this type of quote.

Who is going to pay for screenshots? Very few people will want to pay which defeats the purpose of the cause, the cause is supposed to be about reaching the masses by voluntarily doing such tasks for as many people as we have time for. If you are flooded with requests, ask for more volunteers and project managers, don't turn it into a for profit enterprise to prey off of the fear of webmasters attempting to join the cause. The only thing your price tag does is to discourage people to see what their site looks like.

Plus, wuas.org links to the owner's main site which sells other things to webmasters like web design, etc.

It appears to be just another big ad disguised as a web site for the cause, another front to get all of us in this movement to buy other things which really makes these sites no different than the scum sites they are so quick to criticize for being greedy.

I would love to see somebody step forward for the cause because of their good will, and do something without trying to monetize the cause.

Bandwidth? Domain? For these new sites with so little traffic, costs maybe $30 total, case closed.

This will be my final post here, I know my opinion is not a welcome one.

I have no faith in this cause, it's quickly becoming a hornets nest, not too long before we all open up a site asking for money under the disguise of philanthropy.

Status
    Originally posted by J. Esquire
    Rockinfewl, great idea.

I also wanted to point out that I am terribly disappointed at what I have seen happen just recently, I really am losing faith in some of those third party anti scum web sites.

At webmasterfreedom.org there is another low blow to the honest webmaster community by having a checkbox AUTOMATICALLY CHECKED to subscribe to **********'s newsletter. No wonder he wants the whole world to sign the petition, because everybody who signs is automatically signed up to receive his newsletter (must be a student of Jim Wilson)

We all complained to C/net about how kaZaa used to install Top-Text with the TopText option automatically checked during installation, we complained that webmasters should "affirmatively" check the box to install TopText themselves.

At wuas.org:

Wow, as little as $30 in some cases, what a bargain. I guess it could be as much as $100 on the high end for some cases, and $5 will be donated to a worthy cause. Great going.

After all I heard about this site being a "noble" and non monetary cause set out to recruit volunteers to help take care of these tasks voluntarily in order to help others, it disappoints me to see this type of quote.

Who is going to pay for screenshots? Very few people will want to pay which defeats the purpose of the cause, the cause is supposed to be about reaching the masses by voluntarily doing such tasks for as many people as we have time for. If you are flooded with requests, ask for more volunteers and project managers, don't turn it into a for profit enterprise to prey off of the fear of webmasters attempting to join the cause. The only thing your price tag does is to discourage people to see what their site looks like.

Plus, wuas.org links to the owner's main site which sells other things to webmasters like web design, etc.

It appears to be just another big ad disguised as a web site for the cause, another front to get all of us in this movement to buy other things which really makes these sites no different than the scum sites they are so quick to criticize for being greedy.

I would love to see somebody step forward for the cause because of their good will, and do something without trying to monetize the cause.

Bandwidth? Domain? For these new sites with so little traffic, costs maybe $30 total, case closed.

This will be my final post here, I know my opinion is not a welcome one.

I have no faith in this cause, it's quickly becoming a hornets nest, not too long before we all open up a site asking for money under the disguise of philanthropy.
    Hi J.Esquire and everyone,
    J. I went to wuas and couldn't see any reference to paying for screenshots, perhaps I missed it, but I have seen how some parties have/are manipulating this situation.

In many cases I thought it in bad taste, the "Hall of Fames" a little premature, the join my newsletters, as taking advantage of the situation but...if this is the price we pay to win this war, I for one am quite happy to pay.

Aesop has joined the fight, which has made me very happy, I've alway believed if we have the heavy hitter marketers involved...well who better to go up against this technology, who better to put into words what we are up against. For example, I just received this from Aesop
    Hi ...
    I'm writing to inform you that your site has been censored and that people are stealing your traffic without your permission.

Now isn't that a wonderful piece of copywriting, imagine the interest it has generated and imagine the global reach companies have at the touch of their autoresponders.

J. I will gladly sign for newsletters and whatever if it furthers our cause because in the long run, we will be the winners.

And J.Esquire, I hope this isn't the last post from you as I've enjoyed your company

New User

Status
    J Esquire -- you don't want to know how many 'help' sites copied WhirlyWiryWeb's scum detection scripts without mentioning a proper credit.
    Some even make it appear as if THEY wrote it.

Quite recently there are even news articles talking about the WhirlyWiryWeb and proprietor Gary R. Gary being one of the script snatchers by the way.

I guess you won't get recognition if you don't play the media agressively *grin*. You can't blame the media for wrong information, cause they are malinformed intentionally.

J. Esquire, don't let these futilities make you abandon the Cause. There are still unselfish and very capable allies out there. And those are the people that will win this war.

Summarized: would love if you'd stick around here.

RockinFewl, WhirlyWiryWeb.com

Status
    J Esquire, I'm sorry you feel that way.

However, I don't see your name on that sign up form at wuas.org volunteering for *anything* to stop this.

After doing well over 200 screenshots, without asking for any compensation, we *had* to figure out how to pay someone to do it for us. We do, after all, have 2 business to support and take care of. Since I was spending all my time doing screenshots for folks that left 1 person to take care of and manage my customers. The customers aren't happy.

Now, let's also talk about domains, etc. Excuse me, but I didn't see you offering any $$$ when I registered the domain and starting paying for bandwidth. I pay $100.00/month for hosting services. Where do you see me asking for donations for any portion of that?

I have 3 computers which are consumed with the Scumware. How many computers do you have it installed on? Every one of these computers crashes without warning, there's no telling how much work I have to do to straighten out these machines when I try to remove this mess. Have you sacrificed a computer? I'll bet not.

I'll happily remove that link for paid screenshots, as soon as you volunteer to do the screenshots for free. Please, feel free. The moment you do, I'll let the intern I hired go.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    J Esquire,
    I too share in your disappointment, I can think of numerous ways to profity from this situation, I have resisted them all and will continiue to do so.

I went to wuas.org and followed the link to sothernbellesoftware.com, there it is $30 for screenshots. I did a whois lookup and found it belongs to noneother than Roxanne J.

Roxanne, I ask you to please reconsider your attempts to profit form the fear of others. I am sure you have read Jims threat on GHF, due to his ego and commercializing his efforts in the way he has, it has turned many people of from supporting his efforts. Now he had to make a post "I'll check back tomorrow and if things are still this way we'll roll this puppy up and let the Scumbags roll right back into our sites.

Your choice."

Roxanne, what happened to our conversations where you stated that wuas.org was to be not for profit?

I ask of you not to let your efforts turn into the same kind of game, you have seen others ruin thier reputation, do not let yours be also tarnished just for a few bucks.

On a more positive note, I had a phone conversation yesterday with Paul Grossman of Affiliate Fuel, He has promised me thieves in any form will not be tolerated on his network. Be it merchants or affiliates, if you participate in predatory advertising you can look for another accomplice because Affiliate Fuel will do what is right for the internet community and not any individual person. I am also going to work with him in trying to come up with the proper wording for his terms and conditions.

J Esquire, Your opinions are valued here, I would not have known what I do now if you had not brought it to our attention, for this I thank you.

Dave

Status
    Roxanne, I ask you to please reconsider your attempts to profit form the fear of others. I am sure you have read Jims threat on GHF, due to his ego and commercializing his efforts in the way he has, it has turned many people of from supporting his efforts. Now he had to make a post "I'll check back tomorrow and if things are still this way we'll roll this puppy up and let the Scumbags roll right back into our sites.
    Profit? Pllllleeeeeasssssse! At $5.35/hour for the intern to do the screenshots how do you figure there's profit in $30.00 Dave?

And, as I said, the *second* someone volunteers to do them I'll remove that link in a heartbeat! Please, step up! Anybody!

Status
    Let me add this too, about Mark Joyner.

I *bought* his 1001 Killer Internet Marketing Tactics, and get his newsletter; did before all this came up. If you don't subscribe to his newsletter, then you are missing a LOT of good information.

You know what I see in all this? A lot of folks who want to whine, who want to complain, but who don't want to DO anything about it. They want someone one else to fix this for them. Well, we will fix it, not to worry. But how dare you go anywhere and publicly damn someone for trying.

As soon as anyone steps up to do screenshots, I'll change that link to your email address. I'm waiting....

Status
    I'm still waiting....

Come on guys, let's see a show of hands.

New User

Status

Unhappy

Roxanne, as you know I highly appreciate you as a person and your contribution to the Cause.

But perhaps you should refrain from providing the 'taking screenshots' service as you can't do it for free.

No offense, I can surely understand that allocating resources like interns and machines costs money.
    I guess that the Allies should limit theirselves to what they're strong at, THAT strong in such a sense that they don't have to sacrifice subsantial effort or meny in doing it.

Someone proficient in educating may educate users at the side, someone good in programming may program a bit to serve the Cause, someone with a fair bit of time left may take screenshots.
    No need to start asking money to make things happen.

Just know I think you're a great lass Roxanne. Meaning well.

R.

Status
    Thank you RockinFewl for your comments.

Perhaps if JEsquire had included the fact that we tell them *how* to take their own screenshots on that page, the turmoil would not have occurred. We never gave them that single option. We tell them how to do, then how to rid their computer of the software once they do (with a link to *your* instructions).

My single purpose in that was to say "I can't do it for free anymore folks." After over 200 requests for free screenshots, without even a thank you from many, I couldn't keep the manpower behind it for nothing.

Just FYI, since we made it a PAID option, we've not had a single request. Not made a dime on it!!! THAT was the purpose. And, if you'll notice, we don't even request payment information at SBS.....can you say duh?

I just have one more comment on this -- since DAY ONE, there has been an option on wuas.org for someone to volunteer to do screenshots. Not one taker.

I have 2 businesses to run, I can't donate the manpower to it. You want it, then be willing to cover my cost to provide the manpower. END OF CONVERSATION.

Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last