65 users online (0 members and 65 guests)  

View Poll Results: Have you heard of this before?

Voters
753. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I had heard of this issue before and I'm outraged!

458 60.82%
  • Yes, I've heard of this before and frankly couldn't care less.

15 1.99%
  • No, this is the first time I've heard of this and I'm outraged!

240 31.87%
  • No, this is the first time I've heard of this and frankly couldn't care less.

40 5.31%

Thread: Ezula - Kazza

Page 14 of 14 First ... 41011121314

Related

1. Ezula problem    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
  2. Ezula    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 5
  3. eZula and Spybot    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
  4. ezula    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 0

Status
    actually, top text is not a virus but it behaves like one as far as I am concerned....my website and my advertising is my business and I totally resent some scum bag making money off my hard work....there are you still lost?

nitewing
    Ann/nitewing

Status
    From what I'm reading, I'd describe this toptext as internet vandalism.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    and toptext is ONLY 1 of the programs doing this, ebates , morpheous(?) claims to be cleaned up now, Gator and a host of others.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    add in there, alexas and whenU. and an absolute host of others!
    Ann/nitewing

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Alexa, does not profit from others copyrights..at least not that I am aware of and I do have it on my system.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    No, but it is still spyware.
    Ann/nitewing

Ugly Geezer

Status
    I posted this in a different thread but to recap:

the info on Alexa's site is HIGHLY inaccurate and previous versions (not sure about recent versions) could act like keystroke loggers even on secure pages. That is one of the reasons why Ad Aware classes it as spyware I believe.

The traffic rankings it gives are ridiculous. Install the Alexa toolbar, set your home page as, say, your own site, and watch that traffic ranking improve in leaps and bounds.

It's link pop stats are also bogus.
    Last edited by Mikailus; 12-05-2002 at 08:16 PM.

New User

Status
    This makes glad I never got that Kaza sh_t. I'm a musician. I give some of my best music away for free at mp3.com. But there I have a choice, I know what's going on, and I have a shot at making at least part of a living by selling CD's through them. "File Sharing" that cuts musicians out of all royalties for their music without even a warning, really is not cool for anyone who does this for a living! So now some scumware comes with the file sharing theft-ware....I must admit I kinda feel that it serves those people right!

New User

Status

Help me...

I cannot get this crap off my system even with the Pest Patrol. It will go off for a day and the be back the next morning. What do I hvae to do to remove it completely?

I will appreciate ANY help

Administrator

Status

There is so much out there now you will have to be more specific as to what "crap" you are trying to get rid of.

Dave

New User

Status

Ezulu =(

I never heard of this till now. I recently visited a webmaster forum that I joined yesterday at www.ozzu.com and clicked on a link in the messege boards. This morning, I had this cursed ezula installed I used spybot to eliminate it, at least I hope it is gone

Now, I am afraid to even go back to that site, and am afraid to even click on a link anywhere. It locked up my system real bad.
    So beware about clicking on links in forums. I am going to also notify that websites admin about this outrage. Thanks for letting me join this forum. Its great

Cody
    Last edited by HTML; 03-20-2007 at 01:31 PM.

New User

Status

Spyware

I have an idea to cut down on spyware that hijacks your web searches like kanoodle. Because these companies are pay per click and depend advertisiers click on the links. Then send e-mail to the site owner that the company they are advertising with is hijacking your web searches and all you did was cost them a click that they will never sell to. See how fast these companies go out of business.

Status

Re: Ezula - Kazza

(Windows)
    This is the first time I've looked at this thread, so I apologise if this has been mentioned before, but I've had very good results with StartupCPL.
    It's free, and it lists alot of hidden startup programs, and makes it quite easy to kill most of them.
    Sometimes items pop straight back up as you remove them, but all the ones I've found that do that can be removed in conjunction with Windows Task Manager - you check the name of the file that has returned in StartupCPL, find it in Task Manager, end the process, then remove it in StartupCPL, then reboot.
    In my experience that's got the job done
    Last edited by HTML; 03-20-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Page 14 of 14 First ... 41011121314