49 users online (1 members and 48 guests)  

View Poll Results: Have you heard of this before?

Voters
753. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I had heard of this issue before and I'm outraged!

458 60.82%
  • Yes, I've heard of this before and frankly couldn't care less.

15 1.99%
  • No, this is the first time I've heard of this and I'm outraged!

240 31.87%
  • No, this is the first time I've heard of this and frankly couldn't care less.

40 5.31%

Thread: Ezula - Kazza

Page 7 of 14 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last

Related

1. Ezula problem    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
  2. Ezula    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 5
  3. eZula and Spybot    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
  4. ezula    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 0
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hmmm, what am I missing here?
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

I sent you e-mail around 7:10

http://cnetradio.com/ live TopText broadcast right now. I KNOW that was Roxanne talking, Jim Wilson & Paul Myers on too.
    Last edited by HTML; 03-20-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Status
    Yep, t'was me....

I just think we're all missing the most basic question here.

This is what I emailed to them:

TopText, Gator and Surf+ are no different than a company hiring a bunch
    of kids to stand in the aisles of my brick and mortar store and pass out
    brochures for another company. It doesn't matter if it's a competitor
    or not; what if those kids were passing out coupons and brochures to the
    adult sexual enhancement store down the street?

This is equivalent to the example above -- in my state it's illegal
    based on the No Solicitation laws. I can't even stand in a public
    parking lot and do this, these folks are coming into my website (the
    brick and mortar store) and encouraging my customers to go elsewhere.

Do you think Home Depot would allow me to stand in their garden center
    and tell the customers to buy plants on my website because our prices
    are cheaper and the product is better? How long before Home Depot has
    me carted off to jail for this? Our websites *are* equivalent to the
    brick and mortar store.

We don't NEED to make new law here, there are laws which prevent this behavior; we just need to apply it to the internet.

New User

Status

actually,

I think you came off beautifully and so do people over at GHF...mentioned you even throwing the host for a loop I believe you helped people "picture" what this stuff is doing on a moral level. I'm so glad you were on the air!!

I wonder what the listner ship is....

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    grrr, I am listening now but you are gone. I turned it on at the top of the hour, just after you left I think.

I am certain you represented the webmasters well

Dave

Status
    Yeah, I'm off the air...actually he cut me off <g>.

I did correct Jim, though with our discoveries of today. I said Surf+ stopped using the green highlights on "certain" words and were now converting every word on every page to links. I was on THEIR (cnetradio.com) site, I double clicked on the word "palm" and read the filemix.net url to them!!!!!

I don't think Jim is going to be very happy with me; and the host wasn't a bit happy with me.

Oh well, I said I wasn't looking for a fan club didn't I?

Administrator

Status

hehe, I am going to have to find a download of this

D

Status
    Folks, I'm on AIM if anyone wants me.

New User

Status
    United we stand behind Roxanne!!! You go girl!

Great going Roxanne, I wish you would have posted something about this before, or if you did, I must have missed it.

I am still confused as to what actually happened tonight on this radio show (I missed it). Can we download it somewhere?

I suddenly see some members here and at GHF talking about how Roxanne 'dropped a bomb' on some radio show host who seemed stunned, and how the host was "at a loss for words" after Roxanne made her points.

Roxanne, you posted that you "emailed" them something, but also that you were on the air, could you please elaborate and post all that happened, including some details, so that everybody here and share in this experience which seems to have been a postive one for this issue.

I would like to know what happened, and I'm sure so would others who missed the show. Who was on (You, Jim, and who else?), what was talked about, what did you say, etc.

Status
    Ohhhh, this guy is *really* beating up on Jim!!!!

And he's not coming off good at all -- bumbling a lot.

New User

Status

hmmmm

this Lawrence host guy didn't mention WUAS.org. I sent him the addy in an e-mail. Dang! He hung up on Myers.

Sorry you didn't get my E-mail in time Dave. I'd stopped in the forum to see what people are doing & go to bed. NOT.

sure wish I'd caught that Melissa whoever from TopText last night.

hey! we're getting this out to the public!! Today has been a good day

Status
    Go Roxanne ... sorry I missed it,

Dave have you found anywhere to download it?

Status
    Ok, here's the scoop....

CNet Radio was interviewing 3 folks tonight about scumware -- Jim, Paul Myers and someone else - sorry, don't remember the 3rd person.

I went to the CNet radio website and clicked on the link to listen to the show online....Real Player....

There was an announcement to email questions to the host -- so I sent him the following email:

TopText, Gator and Surf+ are no different than a company hiring a bunch
    of kids to stand in the aisles of my brick and mortar store and pass out brochures for another company. It doesn't matter if it's a competitor
    or not; what if those kids were passing out coupons and brochures to the adult sexual enhancement store down the street?

This is equivalent to the example above -- in my state it's illegal based on the No Solicitation laws. I can't even stand in a public parking lot and do this, these folks are coming into my website (the brick and mortar store) and encouraging my customers to go elsewhere.

Do you think Home Depot would allow me to stand in their garden center and tell the customers to buy plants on my website because our prices are cheaper and the product is better? How long before Home Depot has me carted off to jail for this? Our websites *are* equivalent to the brick and mortar store.
    I was waiting for them to read my email and heard Jim saying that Surf+ was gone. So, I figured I'd call the 800 number to tell them Surf+ was *not* gone, they just went underground.

I got the operator, she said "are you the Roxanne who sent the email from <my email addy>, I said yes, she said hold on, I did, then I was on the air. I told them about Surf+ and I explained I was on their web site (cnetradio.com) and I was clicking on the word PALM in one of their little blurbs for tonight's show. Then the host asked me "OK, what happened" and I told him I was sent to a filemix.net url, a search result page. Then he asked me to read from the screen; I went over each listing. He said "so there's not even a listing about 'palm' and I said "well, yeah, the 3rd links is to a shopping cart for 'palms'.

Then the host asked Paul what he thought of my email. Paul said "well, I think she hit the nail right on the head."

Then my computer locked up and I couldn't hear anything until I got it re-booted. (whine) So someone has to pick up the conversation for about 3 minutes.

Oh, yeah, he did ask me where I was calling from -- when I said Georgia, he was flabbergasted and asked how? Well, duh, I said "I'm listening to the broadcast online." and he said "Oh! Cool!"

That's my story.

New User

Status

Mousejockey

Jim is going to stream it. I'm going to look in my temp folders when I can reboot. Frozen screen, trying to do to much at once. You'll be able to hear it soon, I'm sure. I'm disappointed in the amount of commercials. But hey, it's a gift horse, I'll get away from it's mouth now!

Status
    HeHe! Glad your on our side RoxanneJ

Page 7 of 14 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last