32 users online (1 members and 31 guests)  


  Results 1 to 12 of 12

Related

  1. Rollover images with text area    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Different rollover images and text showing    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. rollover images as links    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 6
  4. Pre-Loading Rollover Javascript Images...    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 6
  1. #1
    skadrummer01's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36

    Need Help With Javascript Rollover Images Pronto!

    If you know how to fix this... please copy and repaste it back when you reply. I did do exactly as follows when I did the code for more than one rollover image on a page... some reason its not working...

    <html>
    <body><body bgcolor="black">
    <font size="3"><font color="white"><div align="center">I know there Isnt anything here... Come back soon though... the Band Memebers pages will be up soon. Thank you.<br>

    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    // copyright 1999 Idocs, Inc. http://www.idocs.com/tags/
    // Distribute this script freely, but please keep this
    // notice with the code.

    var rollOverArr=new Array();
    function setrollover(OverImgSrc,pageImageName)
    {
    if (! document.images)return;
    if (pageImageName == null)
    pageImageName = document.images[document.images.length-1].name;
    rollOverArr[pageImageName]=new Object;
    rollOverArr[pageImageName].overImg = new Image;
    rollOverArr[pageImageName].overImg.src=OverImgSrc;
    }

    function rollover(pageImageName)
    {
    if (! document.images)return;
    if (! rollOverArr[pageImageName])return;
    if (! rollOverArr[pageImageName].outImg)
    {
    rollOverArr[pageImageName].outImg = new Image;
    rollOverArr[pageImageName].outImg.src = document.images[pageImageName].src;
    }
    document.images[pageImageName].src=rollOverArr[pageImageName].overImg.src;
    }

    function rollout(pageImageName)
    {
    if (! document.images)return;
    if (! rollOverArr[pageImageName])return;
    document.images[pageImageName].src=rollOverArr[pageImageName].outImg.src;
    }
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    <A
    HREF="jessinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('home')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('home')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="jesspic1.jpg"
    NAME="jess is emo"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Jess Is Emo"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('home.over.gif');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    <A
    HREF="richyinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('resume')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('resume')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="resume.out.gif"
    NAME="richy is a dork"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Richy Is a Dork"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('resume.over.gif');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    <A
    HREF="sigiinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="specs.out.gif"
    NAME="too cool for you hoe"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Too Cool For you Hoe"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('specs.over.gif');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT><br>
    <A
    HREF="scottinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="specs.out.gif"
    NAME="im hot, your not"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Scottie Too Hottie"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('specs.over.gif');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    <A
    HREF="mattinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="specs.out.gif"
    NAME="whaaaaaaaaa???"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Whaaaaaaa???"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('specs.over.gif');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    <A
    HREF="specs_ro.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="specs.out.gif"
    NAME="specs"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="specs"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('specs.over.gif');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>




    </body>
    </html>

  2. #2
    QuietDean's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    2,662
    Please dont cross-post or mutliple post. I just wasted my time clearing it up when I could have been helping you.

    Have you tried out Mouseover Generator?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

  3. #3
    skadrummer01's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    Please dont cross-post or mutliple post. I just wasted my time clearing it up when I could have been helping you.

    Have you tried out Mouseover Generator?

    i still dont get it... all I needed to know was how to get it right?? seems like it still wont work...

  4. #4
    skadrummer01's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    Please dont cross-post or mutliple post. I just wasted my time clearing it up when I could have been helping you.

    Have you tried out Mouseover Generator?

    sorry about that then... if you would still like to help, id gladly appriciate it.

  5. #5
    QuietDean's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by skadrummer01
    sorry about that then... if you would still like to help, id gladly appriciate it.
    As you can see, I posted a link to a very simple mouseover generator...and I know this code works. It might be easier to use this generator rather than trying to get a third-parties code to work. Try it.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

  6. #6
    skadrummer01's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    As you can see, I posted a link to a very simple mouseover generator...and I know this code works. It might be easier to use this generator rather than trying to get a third-parties code to work. Try it.

    Your right about the one thing ^^^ but I need Rollover Image help, not making menus... I knew how to do that already... very sorry... could you still help???

  7. #7
    QuietDean's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    2,662
    I am not going to get it to work without the images. Could you zip and attach them? Or maybe its easier to just point me to the page on the web.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

  8. #8
    skadrummer01's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    I am not going to get it to work without the images. Could you zip and attach them? Or maybe its easier to just point me to the page on the web.

    I think I got it to work... www.toetappingscoundrels.cjb.net (click on Band) the only reason the pics aren't there except for one is because I didnt put any up yet... if there is any problems I will put another post up.

  9. #9
    skadrummer01's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    I am not going to get it to work without the images. Could you zip and attach them? Or maybe its easier to just point me to the page on the web.

    Alright www.toetappingscoundrels.cjb.net

    Go there and click on pic to enter, when you enter click on band... then look at the rollover images... My problem now is, that I cant get the rolll over images on the top of the page to work properlly... I have the ones underneath the first 3 that work but , the first row of them the two dont roll... for some reason its making the pictures underneath ( the only 2 ) roll over... I pasted this code to show you what I did...

    <html>
    <body><body bgcolor="black">
    <font size="3"><font color="white"><div align="center">I know there Isnt anything here... Come back soon though... the Band Memebers pages will be up soon. Thank you.<br>

    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    // copyright 1999 Idocs, Inc. http://www.idocs.com/tags/
    // Distribute this script freely, but please keep this
    // notice with the code.

    var rollOverArr=new Array();
    function setrollover(OverImgSrc,pageImageName)
    {
    if (! document.images)return;
    if (pageImageName == null)
    pageImageName = document.images[document.images.length-1].name;
    rollOverArr[pageImageName]=new Object;
    rollOverArr[pageImageName].overImg = new Image;
    rollOverArr[pageImageName].overImg.src=OverImgSrc;
    }

    function rollover(pageImageName)
    {
    if (! document.images)return;
    if (! rollOverArr[pageImageName])return;
    if (! rollOverArr[pageImageName].outImg)
    {
    rollOverArr[pageImageName].outImg = new Image;
    rollOverArr[pageImageName].outImg.src = document.images[pageImageName].src;
    }
    document.images[pageImageName].src=rollOverArr[pageImageName].overImg.src;
    }

    function rollout(pageImageName)
    {
    if (! document.images)return;
    if (! rollOverArr[pageImageName])return;
    document.images[pageImageName].src=rollOverArr[pageImageName].outImg.src;
    }
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    <A
    HREF="jessinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('home')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('home')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="jess2.jpg"
    NAME="home"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Emo Black Riddin' Hood"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('jess3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    <A
    HREF="mattinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('resume')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('resume')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="matt2.jpg"
    NAME="resume"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Whaaaaa???"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('matt3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    <A
    HREF="richyinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="richy3.jpg"
    NAME="specs"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Blehhhh"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('richy4.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT><br>

    <br>
    <br><A
    HREF="sigiinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('resume')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('resume')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="sigi2.jpg"
    NAME="resume"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Fo Sho"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('sigi3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    <A
    HREF="scottinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG
    SRC="scott2.jpg"
    NAME="specs"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="scottie too hottie"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('scott3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>


    </body>
    </html>


    Did I do anything wrong? is that why the Images are doing that?? If you have an answer please repaste it back in the forum! and reply!

  10. #10
    QuietDean's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Bournemouth, UK
    Posts
    2,662
    These are the bits that matter here -

    Code:
    <A 
    HREF="jessinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('home')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('home')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="jess2.jpg"
    NAME="home"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Emo Black Riddin' Hood"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('jess3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    
    <A 
    HREF="mattinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('resume')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('resume')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="matt2.jpg"
    NAME="resume"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Whaaaaa???"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('matt3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    
    <A 
    HREF="richyinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="richy3.jpg"
    NAME="specs"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Blehhhh"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('richy4.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT><br>
    
    <br>
    <br><A 
    HREF="sigiinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('resume')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('resume')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="sigi2.jpg"
    NAME="resume"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Fo Sho"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('sigi3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    
    <A 
    HREF="scottinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="scott2.jpg"
    NAME="specs"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="scottie too hottie"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('scott3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    Each of the <A>..</A> section is one of your images/links.

    The second & third image are named resume & specs. So are the fourth & fifth. Because the JavaScript uses theses names to decide wich image to swap, it is behaving the way it is.

    Easiest way round is to name the fourth and fifth images something different, and change the name used in
    Code:
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    to this new name.

    It should then work.

    Just so you know, *.cjb.net redirected domains try and force a download of SpyWare, which will put a LOT of people off.

    For anyone else wanting to look, the direct link is
    http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/toetappingscoundrels/band.html

    Might be in your interests to look elsewhere for a redirect. If you never noticed a SpyWare download, then your internet security settings are probably set so low it just downloaded and installed it, eek.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

  11. #11
    skadrummer01's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    These are the bits that matter here -

    Code:
    <A 
    HREF="jessinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('home')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('home')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="jess2.jpg"
    NAME="home"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Emo Black Riddin' Hood"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('jess3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    
    <A 
    HREF="mattinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('resume')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('resume')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="matt2.jpg"
    NAME="resume"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Whaaaaa???"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('matt3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    
    <A 
    HREF="richyinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="richy3.jpg"
    NAME="specs"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Blehhhh"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('richy4.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT><br>
    
    <br>
    <br><A 
    HREF="sigiinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('resume')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('resume')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="sigi2.jpg"
    NAME="resume"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Fo Sho"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('sigi3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    
    <A 
    HREF="scottinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="scott2.jpg"
    NAME="specs"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="scottie too hottie"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('scott3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    Each of the <A>..</A> section is one of your images/links.

    The second & third image are named resume & specs. So are the fourth & fifth. Because the JavaScript uses theses names to decide wich image to swap, it is behaving the way it is.

    Easiest way round is to name the fourth and fifth images something different, and change the name used in
    Code:
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    to this new name.

    It should then work.

    Just so you know, *.cjb.net redirected domains try and force a download of SpyWare, which will put a LOT of people off.

    For anyone else wanting to look, the direct link is
    http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/toetappingscoundrels/band.html

    Might be in your interests to look elsewhere for a redirect. If you never noticed a SpyWare download, then your internet security settings are probably set so low it just downloaded and installed it, eek.


    I still dont get what your doing?? its still not working... Could you do it for me and then All I gotta do is copy and paste it??? im sorry its just im not following anything... recopy everything up there... and paste it back in here

  12. #12
    skadrummer01's Avatar
    Junior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    These are the bits that matter here -

    Code:
    <A 
    HREF="jessinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('home')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('home')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="jess2.jpg"
    NAME="home"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Emo Black Riddin' Hood"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('jess3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    
    <A 
    HREF="mattinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('resume')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('resume')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="matt2.jpg"
    NAME="resume"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Whaaaaa???"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('matt3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    
    <A 
    HREF="richyinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="richy3.jpg"
    NAME="specs"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Blehhhh"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('richy4.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT><br>
    
    <br>
    <br><A 
    HREF="sigiinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('resume')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('resume')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="sigi2.jpg"
    NAME="resume"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="Fo Sho"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('sigi3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    
    <A 
    HREF="scottinfo.html"
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    ><IMG 
    SRC="scott2.jpg"
    NAME="specs"
    HEIGHT=130 WIDTH=115 BORDER=0 ALT="scottie too hottie"
    ></A>
    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    setrollover('scott3.jpg');
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>
    Each of the <A>..</A> section is one of your images/links.

    The second & third image are named resume & specs. So are the fourth & fifth. Because the JavaScript uses theses names to decide wich image to swap, it is behaving the way it is.

    Easiest way round is to name the fourth and fifth images something different, and change the name used in
    Code:
    onMouseOver = "rollover('specs')"
    onMouseOut = "rollout('specs')"
    to this new name.

    It should then work.

    Just so you know, *.cjb.net redirected domains try and force a download of SpyWare, which will put a LOT of people off.

    For anyone else wanting to look, the direct link is
    http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/toetappingscoundrels/band.html

    Might be in your interests to look elsewhere for a redirect. If you never noticed a SpyWare download, then your internet security settings are probably set so low it just downloaded and installed it, eek.


    I replaced the names... But it still isnt working??? I especially changed the name in the exact above^^^ go back and look at the site you will see that the last two images aren't working right, and I've changed the names for them. But I got the others to work perfectly fine... Repaste what they should be named or what ever as a code!!!



Tags for this Thread