72 users online (1 members and 71 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. my domain    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Domain Name transfers?

Hello!

I work for a company that owns about 35 domain names. I have been assigned to transfer these domains all into one account. Can anyone give me some advice on how to accomplish this? We currently have most of them registered at Network solutions, but we have a few names that they will not register. What is involved in moving domain names? Would it be cost effective to wait until the experation date to move them or bite the bullit and move them all at once?

I'm rather new to all of this and I would really appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks,

Trevor
    Last edited by Trevor; 04-05-2004 at 01:09 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hello Trevor, transfering domains are usually quite simple.

You must first create an account with One Stop Domains, once you have done this follow the link to "transfer domains". I have it set up so that you may enter up to 100 domain names at a time rather than clicking enter after each. It is important that you make sure the whois information is correct for each domain, wrong info in the whois database may cause problems with your transfer.

Once you have entered the domains you wish to transfer we will take care of the rest.

I am a little coinfused by your comment
    We currently have most of them registered at Network solutions, but we have a few names that they will not register
    Do you mean that these domains are not yet registered or that they are registered elsewhere? If they are not yet registered obviously they cannot be transfered but will have to be purchased.

Would it be cost effective to wait until the experation date to move them or bite the bullit and move them all at once?
    There is no resason to wait for the expiration. When you transfer your domains to One Stop Domains an additional year gets added to your current expiration date. If your domains are currently set to expire July 1, 2004 they will now be good until July 1, 2005.

After setting up your account and request the transfer, if you post or PM me your account name I will be certain to keep an eye open so that the transition runs as smooth as possible.

regards,

Dave

New User

Status

Re: Domain Name transfers?

FYI - The domain also needs to be at least 90 days old in order for it to be transferred.