112 users online (0 members and 112 guests)  

1. HTML EMBED tag Problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Marquee tag HTML Problem ?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. HTML / PHP Target Problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. HTML Validation Problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Angry HTML Mailing Problem

Hello all, I am new to this site so i will be as quick and to the point as possible.

I have a problem with outlook.

I have a script that generates stats and server up time and composes an .html file. prior this file was .txt. I have reformated the file with html tags/code and saved it

i then have mapisend send this file to our support team.

the problem is getting this to display as a web page in outlook. I am seeing the code and the data. Is anyone able to help??

thanks for your time...
    Last edited by zzg9tn; 04-07-2004 at 10:38 PM.

New User

well zzg9tn, first i must state, that Bill Gates doesnt like people to do anything, so that is why in outlook, you cant really make much of a good email, i mean, you cant put any html of your own in it. well, you can look at it this way, if you could send an email with your own html in it, think what you could do, you could have something like this
    HTML Code:
    for(i=1; i<0; i++){
    alert(i+": this will never end");
    see, but its actualy doing that for your protection, and protection of others. anyway, to anwser your question. no you cannot do it how you want, it sucks, but sorry.

Last edited by jazinc; 04-13-2004 at 07:30 PM.

Bournemouth, UK
    Its not recognised as HTML becuase it needs a mimetype of text/html, bu default it will be sending text/plain.

You should be able to set this when sending with mapisend, off-hand I don't know how to do this. Might be worth checking mapisend docs.

jazinc is correct tho, not all the code you send will work. Basic stuff will be fine, but anything scripty will not be parsed, or outlook will block it.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?