33 users online (0 members and 33 guests)  

Related

1. Layout alignment problem    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 16
  2. alignment problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 10
  3. Replies: 5
  4. Image alignment problem on flexi page    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Table alignment    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5

Status

CSS alignment problem

Once again I am having a problem with alignment in CSS. Go figure! I have a site which has a contact form currently made out of a table. But since tables are now considered quite out of date, I need to trasform the table into CSS. If you look at http://www.hemisphere.net/broadbandcontact.htm you will see the page made in tables.
    If you go to http://www.hemisphere.net/contactp.htm you will see I cannot get my right column to line up right against my left column. I tried using float:left on my left column and float: right; on my right column but it made my columns indent about half an inch to the right. Please help me, I am loosing my mind here!
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Administrator

Status
    Your on the right track with the floats left and right, try doing that again and then settings the widths to values that add up to 100%.

Also try placing the cols in a containing div.

Then show us what that looks like.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Ive made a few adjustments and now it looks even worse. Please go to the above pages again and let me know what I did wrong. I put my columns in divs and think I did my floats correct but now my bottom column is not sized right and my right column text is not aligned to the left!

Administrator

Status
    It has to be said, float is one of the toughest areas to play with. I find , after much heartache, I get it to work in the http://www.mozilla.org then I find it doesn't work in IE

Its possibly worth starting again with a slightly different approach/design to acheive what you need. I suggest this because I notice your site is a business site, and possibly its worthn going with a more stable approach.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

Status
    Dean is I have plowed my way through some of my problems and am down to one. When I view my page in IE6.0 it is great! However, when I go and view it in Mozilla there is a background color issue Any ideas?

Administrator

Status
    Upload the new (working in IE) version and I can have a look.