25 users online (2 members and 23 guests)  

View Poll Results: Please submit your opinion of splash screens from my tightly controlled choices below

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love to watch the pretty pictures whilst i wait...and wait..and wait.....

1 20.00%
  • I'll watch it once then never again!

0 0%
  • Whats the point?

3 60.00%
  • I like Flash but think it should be used elsewhere!

1 20.00%
  • I love 'em!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Splash Screens

Related

1. Format Tables for smaller res screens    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Splash Screens    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 3

Status

Splash Screens!

Splash screens, intros, flash welcome screens whatever you want to call them I HATE THEM! Complete waste of time!

Status

I'm on your side....

Especially when they don't give you an option to skip. I'm on dialup at home, and I hate sitting through something just to find that the info I'm looking for isn't there. Usually, the entire site isn't organized very well, either!

Status
    I kinda like welcome screens. They add a splash of creativity. I always try to use mine for some purpose, rather than just being pretty, for instance, my current website has one where the user can skip the site and go directly to login, or they can go to the site. Used like this, it increases usability for our clients, which I am sure they appreciate.
    Heidi

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hbass
    I kinda like welcome screens. They add a splash of creativity. I always try to use mine for some purpose, rather than just being pretty, for instance, my current website has one where the user can skip the site and go directly to login, or they can go to the site. Used like this, it increases usability for our clients, which I am sure they appreciate.
    Heidi
    Hi Heidi,

im not disputing the fact they can be put to good use, what with more and more people getting broadband im sure it'll be more popular than ever, its just those sites (and there are many) that make you sit through 5 minutes of dancing graphics with no option to skip it that annoys me!

krak_d

ps. http://www.mohsye.com/ is the best use of flash i have ever seen!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by krak_d
    Hi Heidi,

im not disputing the fact they can be put to good use, what with more and more people getting broadband im sure it'll be more popular than ever, its just those sites (and there are many) that make you sit through 5 minutes of dancing graphics with no option to skip it that annoys me!

krak_d

ps. http://www.mohsye.com/ is the best use of flash i have ever seen!
    agreed! that site is pretty awesome. i do hate unskippable intros, i too am on 56k so i feel it. hmmm flash