46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. popular books    Forum: Databases
    Replies: 2
  2. Great sites for reference!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3

Status

CSS reference books?

Hello,

i'm after a CSS reference book that isn't the size of a door stop! I do some coding via lap top whilst i work away and hauling a book round thats bigger than a laptop isn't something i'd relish. It'd also be handy at home...as i only have a small desk!
    Just a pocket sized reference guide, more of a reminder list really! Can anyone recommend anything that is up to date?

thanks,

krak_d

Status
    I've found the CSS reference in Dan Livingston's "Essential CSS and DHTML for Web Professionals" pretty handy.
    The rest of the book concentrates too much on cross-browser issues for my liking .
    You can go to http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0130649953/qid=1082691764/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/102-5505690-0570549?v=glance&s=books to read some reviews at Amazon. Some good, some not good, but the CSS and javascript references in the book are pretty good in my mind.
    Oh, it's a relatively thin book as well.

Status

Thumbs up

Cheers Android,

i see what you mean about 'mixed reviews'. Tough call, i think i may have to venture out into the real world and scan through a few book shops rather than sitting on my backside ordering things on a click!

Certainly one i'll be looking at though thanks.

krak_d