45 users online (0 members and 45 guests)  

Thread: SEO Software

Related

1. Antivirus software    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 1
  2. Ftp software    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 7
  3. Help me out with software    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. software help!    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 2
  5. New software site. Submit your software!    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 0

Status

SEO Software

Hi, I stumbled onto the software Web CEO and it looked interesting. Anyone have any experience with it or any helpful feedback before I spend the $$ on it?
    Thanks.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I Have not used this particular software so I cannot give pros or cons. I can though give you some tips that may or may not help in your decision making process.

Before buying this software you should prioritize the specific functions according to those for which you intend to use this software for. If at the top of the list is for its optimizing capabilities, its ability to check your rankings or to use in submitting sites to the search engines, I would not spend the money.

1: optimizing - Optimizing is not a one time job that you do and then you are done. What is good today may not be good tomorrow, What worked when the software was developed (or updated) could be outdated already! If you are in a situation where you cannot afford a professional SEO and do not have the time to constantly keep your self up to date much less your website, this may be a decent software IF the authors put out lots of updates.

2: checking rankings - NEVER use a program for this. Search engines by nature are very quiet in what and what not to do, Google comes right out and tells you not to do this.

3: site submission - You may be disappointed finding out many engines have set up road blocks against auto submitting software.

With the above said and knowing that the software offers alot more than just these three features, it is up to you to figure out if the software is still a good value for you.

Dave

Status
    Dave,
    Great information! Thank you!. What about monthly reporting? I would like to be able to submit to my clients reports on a monthly basis that shows how many visitors came to the site, how they got there, what pages they were on and how long. I think this would be beneficial to them as well as to myself in looking at how cost effective and profitable the site it and what pages seem to lose the visitors. Do you know where I could possibly get a software to do this to help minimize the time spent? Thanks,
    Lisa

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    maybe some people that have used the software can comment on that

...anybody??

Dave

Status
    Lisa, it sounds like your looking for a basic stats progra rather than a search engine ranking reporting tool. Programs like Hitslink, Webtrends Live, and Superstats will do this for relatively cheap. You can also do this using a log analyzer program if you have access to your log files.

I recommend looking for one that have conversion analysis so you can measure where your most important visitors came from. For example, where did the ones who bought something, filled out a contact form, or subscribed to an email list come from?