49 users online (1 members and 48 guests)  

Related

1. open iframe from other page link    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Open Program from HTML Link    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 10
  3. image link to open url in iframe    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Replies: 9
  5. Open A Directory With A Link    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Link in web page won't open

I've been developing my first web page, using Composer, and finally got it working last week. (www.snipurl.com/60v6) Two days ago I added a mailto: line and since then, one of the links (a photo album under "home") won't open. I doubt that mailto: caused the problem, but I don't see anything else in the code that has changed. All my html files, images and folders are in the same order on my local drive as in my web space. I'd appreciate it if someone could check my code and suggest a possible cause.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I think you are talking about the link to the page at http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejdryden6/galleries/rome/romexmas.html if so it is working for me.

Dave

New User

Status
    No, I'm referring to the link under "home" in the first para. It's supposed to open "galleries/exchange/index.html" which is another photo album. It shows in the code but doesn't open.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    The page opens fine the image does not because the link is still directed to your hardrive or so it appears (My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/FAMILY/AddJim2.jpg)

Dave

New User

Status
    I think you're referring to our image on the page, which works fine here. The link I refer to in the code is further down, i.e....

"check out our <a
    href="http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejdryden6/galleries/exchange/index.html"><span
    style="color: rgb(255, 255, 0);">home</span></a> and
    area for
    a possible
    exchange."

It's a photo album which opened OK a few days ago but no longer does.

Administrator

Status

I think you're referring to our image on the page, which works fine here.
    It should work fine for you unless it is not in that location on your hardrive any longer. It is everybody else that does not have that image on their harddrive that cannot see it (which I speculate is everybody).

The link I refer to in the code is further down, i.e....

"check out our <a
    href="http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejdryden6/galleries/exchange/index.html"><span
    style="color: rgb(255, 255, 0);">home</span></a> and
    area for
    a possible
    exchange."

It's a photo album which opened OK a few days ago but no longer does.
    This is the link I referred to this link in my last response, it opens fine here just the image does not show. This page is not an image gallery though, it is identicle to the front page that you linked in your first post with the exception of the very bottom which on this page has the Albuquerque temperature.

Dave

Dave

New User

Status
    Given what you say, I obviously need a better way to see on my computer what others are seeing on theirs. I earlier removed the temperature you mention, and then published my page via Composer without a temperature. My online version of the web page does not show a temperature. How can I verify the results I'm getting from Composer with some reliability?

Administrator

Status

It could be composer, it is far from the best way to publish a site. I do not think there are many composer users here but I may be wrong.

It could be a cache issue, maybe you saw the file from your local machine.

It is really too hard to tell, I would upload a fresh copy of the page just to make sure all is well.

Dave

New User

Status
    I've reconfigured my page in Composer but published the new version via third-party FTP.

Thanks for your help, Dave. I sure hope this one is working OK.