68 users online (0 members and 68 guests)  

Thread: Server error

Related

1. 500 internal server error    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Internal Server Error?    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 9
  3. Replies: 0
  4. server error. please help    Forum: ASP Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Exclamation Server error

I am a newbie trying to do asp.net i am getting the following error.I also turned the mode attribute to off but it is comming again.what to do pls help thanks in advance

Error:

Server Error in '/ManageSubordinates' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Administrator

Status
    Whilst you set the mode attribure to 'off', did you do it in a 'web.config' file in the /ManageSubordinates folder?

This tutorial pretty much covers how to set it up for remote errors: http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Tutorial/0FFA5EBA-98EA-459E-9353-C7C0059787D7.dcik
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    No i didnt do it for that.now i did it and it works thanks