38 users online (2 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. Passing value from parent window to child window    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Newbie    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 1
  3. Replies: 1
  4. Please help a newbie    Forum: ASP Forum
    Replies: 17
    New User

Status

Talking Newbie crashing thru window

Hiya everyone,

My name is Lonie, and I've been lurking around on these boards for some time now (as a guest). BUT, now that I've decided to get a tad bit more involved in script languages (mainly CSS, Perl/CGI, & Javascript) I thought I'd join you guys (by crashing my magic carpet through the window -- "Oops, sorry 'bout that. Duck next time.")

Let's see here, a little about me. Hmmm... Well, I love to write. ;)

I'm a huge fan of Sci Fi, Sci Fi Horror, Japanese Anime, and Medieval Fantasy and if you happen across any of my writings, you'll notice that a lot of my stories tend to take on a tad bit of weirdness every now and then, but all in all it's worth it ;)

I seem to have a knack for writing stories that involve doing the most physical and/or mental damage to a character, then patching that character back up so they can be ripped apart again ;) People in the Stargate fandom refer to it as Character Whumping or Pounding.

Although, a character is subject to be 'pounded' on, portraying that character as dumb, stupid, or weak is NOT what my writing style is about. I tear into the characters, in order to get a more indepth look at their inner strengths, personal fears or doubts, skills, knowledge, etc. (with the exception of parodies or humorous fics ;)

Anyway, enough about that. Another hobby of mine is webpage design. (never saw that coming, did ya? *rolls eyes in amusement*) Actually, it was my love of writing fan fiction (and an "Introductory to Information Systems" pre-requisite college course for my major) that got me into designing webpages. I needed a place to display my works of fiction the way I wanted to. What better way, than my very own webpage. *cheeses brightly*

My skills aren't that great in webpage design, but hey, who gives a 'flock of flying geese' . *evil grin* I do it as a hobby, and I enjoy every minute of it. And since I love it so much, why wouldn't I want to improve on my meager skills and learn a scripting language, or two. :)

Okydoky, that's about it for now. It's now time for me to get my 'applejacks' *evil grin* over to a forum where I can get some help.

Type to you guys later :)

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Welcome to the forums

Dave

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Welcome to the forums

Dave
    Heya Dave *waves frantically*

Thanks for the welcome. I've lurked these forums long enough to know exactly who you are

Keep up the good work and thanks ya muchly for providing such a great place for helpful webpage design tips.

till later!