46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. Place an Ad on CyberGamez.us    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

I want to ask...

How can I or anyone stay in focus and not get completely overwhelmed by the enormous and very good quality free tips, tricks, code, source materials, etc?

What I would really like to do, and I suppose it's called "Tilting at Windmills," you know, fighting the impossible fight...

But it seems very clear to me, after many experiments, and the words I've received from many others (admittedly, Macintosh users), that some Micros uh hem--I mean companies would much rather force their browser into the computers of all the people of the world (wasn't there a U.S. Federal Case about this very thing a few years ago?)

Some company was hauled into the dock due to their very dishonest and monopolistic tactics of forcing everyone who bought (who needed this company's operating system also had to take their browser along with it.

Oh, no charrrgge, of course.

Would it make sense to anyone that such a company might, deliberately on purpose, and with malice aforethought, somehow cause their very popular browser to... oh I don't know... uh not abide by the W3C standards Oops!!

So sorry. In the next release we'll be sure to "fix" that. Have you heard our telephone system, by the way?

Seattle Slim.
    Last edited by gather; 05-20-2004 at 04:38 PM. Reason: I can't delete this. Not enough authorization, so

Status
    This is what I get for the logo in IE6

For tableless CSS layout check out http://www.csszengarden.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Android; 05-20-2004 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Additional info

New User

Status

Wow> I knew this was the right place to find ways to do it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Android

It's not enough, I know, for my CSS to look OK with only the GECKO engine and the OSX webkit framework, which is now being used to preview, or parse all the (X)HTML and CSS that's done on Macintosh 10.1 and above.

This includes my long-standing favorite code and text editor BBEdit 7.1.4.

And Safari, of course, which is an Apple-made browser.

Still, I get the bad results you show in the thumbnail.

It gives one a false sense of security.

Then I d/l 'ed Netscape 7 and the code looked fine; as it does, of course, the gecko-driven Mozilla family.

Threw out 7 and went back for Netscape 6.x and not good, not good with the app UI, no code, nothing. Crazy.

I have no way to test on a Windows PC. I have IE for Macintosh, but nothing looks good on it. Not even margins, not coded in CSS work well.

For CSS and IE, there's a little work-around using a curly brace "}" as the voice family: \"}\" -getting IE to recognize the character, I suppose, then you code with voice-family:inherit; (!)

That's not reliable, either.

Thank you for pointing me to a page in your post that is truly a fine work of coding and a work of art, then in 2 ways.

Very, very nice. I will learn a lot from it.

Thanks twice,

kd

gt

New User

Status

Wow> I knew this was the right place to find ways to do it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Android

It's not enough, I know, for my CSS to look OK with only the GECKO engine and the OSX webkit framework, which is now being used to preview, or parse all the (X)HTML and CSS that's done on Macintosh 10.1 and above.

This includes my long-standing favorite code and text editor BBEdit 7.1.4.

And Safari, of course, which is an Apple-made browser.

Still, I get the bad results you show in the thumbnail.

It gives one a false sense of security.

Then I d/l 'ed Netscape 7 and the code looked fine; as it does, of course, the gecko-driven Mozilla family.

Threw out 7 and went back for Netscape 6.x and not good, not good with the app UI, no code, nothing. Crazy.

I have no way to test on a Windows PC. I have IE for Macintosh, but nothing looks good on it. Not even margins, not coded in CSS work well.

For CSS and IE, there's a little work-around using a curly brace "}" as the voice family: \"}\" -getting IE to recognize the character, I suppose, then you code with voice-family:inherit; (!)

That's not reliable, either.

Thank you for pointing me to a page in your post that is truly a fine work of coding and a work of art, then in 2 ways.

Very, very nice. I will learn a lot from it.

Thanks twice,

kd

gt