40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. What do you understand by 3-way link?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. Please help me understand this mousover code    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

I don't understand CSS :-/

Hi, I'm quite new to this and I've been reading a few tutorials. For ages now I've been using CSS for basic styles (background, text, headers, links, and so on). But I've been reading more and more about XHTML and CSS and have decided (since none of my code validates at all...) that it's time to start updating to XHTML 1.0 Transitional. Now, having read a good number of CSS/XHTML tutorials, I'm afraid I'm still at a loss as to how I can style my page the way I have it currently, but without the frames/tables which I am using, via CSS.

If there's something I've missed, or an excellent tutorial out there, or somebody is able to post up some code to help me learn, I'd be eternally greatful. In some ways this is easy and obvious, and in other ways I'm completely stumped sometimes...

Anyway I picked my main page because it's both simple - being only a few elements in the design - and complex, due to the way the design is laid out. I'm particularly confused over how to convert my top frame (with the logo), as the logo is pinned by a couple of HRs in a table format. I want to achieve the same without having to make the whole thing a graphic (the beauty of the table/hr combination was that they were dynamic, and based on percentage width).

Anyway my site begins at www.filecore.net and I usually hand-code my pages, although I'm trying to remember to learn to use Dreamweaver (MX). I don't currently have a CSS file for that page online, because I'm still trying to work out how to do the layout, so the stuff that would normally be in CSS is in the HTML for the time being.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by filecore; 05-31-2004 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Correcting mistakes and adding URL

Administrator

Status
    Hi there,

Heres an article on moving your images into the stylesheet - http://www.wellstyled.com/css-replace-text-by-image.html
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?