149 users online (0 members and 149 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Seo Beginners : Take a look here    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Beginners Web Design    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Question I will pray to the gods of html that you gladly help beginners.

Hello forum:

A little bit about myself and my situation: I am new here and I am also new to working with complicated html. I am in a band called Thin Dark Line from Baltimore, Maryland and I am trying to create a new website. I designed our current website (http://www.thindarkline.com) with ease, mostly because it is not very complicated. But I wanted to do something more and make a much better site because we are getting more attention from bigger record labels and we need to look like we've got our stuff together.

I am currently working with a new design idea and it can be found at http://www.thindarkline.com/help/

As you can see there are quite a few problems and we haven't even started out yet!!!

Problem #1: My primary concern is getting the background to line up in the main iFrame (once you start scrolling down). Under the advice of another topic in THIS forum, i used the coding from the www.ghtml.com scrollbar and i'm still trying to iron out the coding there. It all has become a confusing mess!!!!!!!

Problem #2: The top image and the bottom section do not line up correctly either - I think I have to start all over and slice the images from the beginning in photoshop but maybe there is a simpler method?

As you can see by my coding, I am very confused. I haven't ever attempted anything this big and I would appreciate any help that you can provide! I wish we were famous already so that I could afford to pay someone else to make our website!

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    You have some table issues, missing and misplaced tags. Try running it through the validator and see if this fixes your problems. If not then atleast we have something to work with.

Dave

New User

Status

Cool

Dave, thank you so much for answering. I am sorry but I'm pretty new - what is a validator? where do i get one? if its part of design programs, i have dreamweaver but i've never used it. i'll investigate that tonight.

New User

Status

Angry

I found the Validator function in Dreamweaver and first off it displays the page really weird compared to what it looks like in my browser. Second, I couldn't gather any clear information about what was wrong with my page. I kept getting things like "Non spacer IMG with valid ALT" which makes no sense to me.

Anyway I feel even more lost now. I think I have lots of homework to do on this but I'm sooooooo tired. Talk to you later.

New User

Status
    And if anyone was having problems accessing the site, try this link instead:

http://tdl.freakybutt.net/help/

Status
    Hi,

this validation service will tell you every error but don't be put off, most should be easy fixes.

krak_d

New User

Status

thanks anyway

hey guys,

i appreciate the help - the Validator never actually accepted my code because of the custom scrollbar. for some reason, it wouldn't take it, so that sucks.

anyway i finally figured out my problem anyway, so you can check out the results at http://www.thindarkline.com

thanks again for trying, guys. any idea why it wouldn't validate?