31 users online (1 members and 30 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 8
  2. Replies: 0
  3. Error MySQL Error: 1064 - subqueries    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Getting crazy with image uploading    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. uploading?    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Question ERROR in uploading image~

hello... i new to ASP script, so i have face some problem when i try to upload image from client site to save it at server site. Corrently the problem when i try to upload *.gif file the error message was occur as below :-

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Driverserror '80040e14'[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

anyone can tell me what is error cause the error message as above?

Besides that, what is the difference between Set Files = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") and Set upl = Server.CreateObject("SoftArtisans.FileUp") ?? For uploading image (*.txt,*.gif and so on) which method is easy and efficiency to use?

thanks a lot.!

Tired Student...(Z_z)

Status

Some information...

Hello!

I'll try to answer your questions in order:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Driverserror '80040e14'[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.
    Roughly, I think this is ODBC telling you that your table doesn't have a primary key specified, so it doesn't know which record set (row) to place your insert into. I'd need to see your SQL insert statement for more information. Unfortunately, 80040e14 is ODBC's general "I think I am broke, but I'm not sure... you probably messed me up so now I will go cry" error message. I've seen it for INSERT errors, SELECT errors, unknown errors, etc. You can see "some" of the possible errors at http://www.adopenstatic.com/faq/80040e14.asp

Besides that, what is the difference between Set Files = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") and Set upl = Server.CreateObject("SoftArtisans.FileUp") ??
    Are you using ASP 3.0? Honestly, I'm not familiar with SoftArtisan's components; however, you'd need to be sure to have those components registered on your server using either regsvr32 or the Component Services in Administrative Tools.

Scripting.Dictionary is typically used to parse out information into a pseudo array. You can find a good introduction article located at http://www.winnetmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm and an uploading example at http://juicystudio.com/tutorial/asp/upload.asp

As far as which I would use? That depends on the situation. I'm more familiar with using Scripting.Dictionary (for uploading multiple files or non-text files); however, the custom component you specified might have more features. Also, if you're considering ASP.NET, the .NET Upload component is a dream come true--very simple, yet very expandable to most all tasks.

Hope this information helps!

-David