41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Thread: Frames

Related

1. frames vs. css    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 11
  4. frames help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  5. frames HELP-please?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
    PhillipBB

Post Frames

I'm stumpped. I recently have obtained a HTML Editor and am overall pleased with the help file that accompanied it. HOWEVER, it failed to provide ant information on

<iframes>---</iframes>.

Just putting these tags into the editor, and clicking on preview, will give a window in the upper left corner of the screen. But how does one go about placing anything inside that window.

I e-mailed this question to the author/designer and in return got a very nasty reply.

Could someone please explaine what the <iframe> tags is and give an example of how to use it?
    Last edited by HTML; 03-07-2007 at 11:22 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Talking

Be honest with you I dont know anything about iframes, let me tell you why.

Iframes were started by netscape(ok may have been ie), and are still only readable thru thier browser. Until iframes are recognized thru both major browsers they are something that I would stay away from.

Dave

New User

Status

Talking

The only instance I would use IFRAMES is if your site is about Internet Explorer (the creator)

An Iframe works the same way as a regular frame.

<IFRAME name="MainWindow" SRC="url.html" height=300 width=400>You are not using an IFRAME capable browser</IFRAME>

You can stick some other things inside the <iframe>

<iframe src="ham.html" name="main" NORESIZE BORDER="4" BORDERCOLOR="#ff0000" scrolling="yes">
    Last edited by HTML; 03-07-2007 at 11:22 PM.