43 users online (1 members and 42 guests)  

Related

1. Doing the happy dance    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 1
  2. next Google dance    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Ready for the google dance?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 6
  4. January Google dance is on!    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. My Latest SIte...    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 16

Status

Googles latest dance. TIPS?

Hello everyone,

the title says it all really, any tips, hints, success stories regarding site submission to google?

Info on whether meta tags are even picked up on these days?

Inbound links make a difference?...if so, do inbound links from sites already high in rankings make more of a difference?

Keyword density? Comment tags? Alt tags? Title tags?...do they add to keyword density?

Frames still a no no?

H1 tags or bold type make a difference?

Text positioning high up on the page made a difference?

Pretty much any tips much appreciated, please share! I for one could benefit from some advice on this subject and this section of the forums has been tooo quiet for tooooo long!

Thanks
    krak_d

New User

Status

Google Adwords and Adsense Goodies

Message removed, just another spammer
    Last edited by HTML; 07-21-2004 at 07:04 PM.

Status
    Hi cacenigma,

thanks for your input.

I have to say though, if i was going to buy a book on the subject, that was advertised on a website maintaining that they are experts on the subject, then i would at the very least expect that site to have a high google ranking!! Makes sense doesn't it?

Status
    krak_d, I realize this thread is kind of old, but thought I'd just mention that it's best to keep your eye on creating a good site for users rather than search engines. SEs are doing their best to rank the sites they think their users will find the most interesting highest, so rather than trying to pick apart the SE algorithm, focus more on what your users are looking for.

Status
    Hi Haystack,

i realise that content should be the main focus and do genuinely concentrate my efforts there. My main concern is the growing number of clients wanting there website to appear high in the rankings as soon as possible, so naturally any help/advice on the subject from fellow webdesigners is very much appreciated.

Its hard to keep up with the latest trends in SEO and concentrating on quality content sometimes isn't enough when others are jumping the rankings with cheap tricks!

However, i shall have faith in SE's and continue to try and make well structured, content orientated sites in the hope that my efforts will be rewarded!
    Thank you for contributing.

krak_d

Status

Thumbs up Great Great Response

Quote Originally Posted by haystack
    krak_d, I realize this thread is kind of old, but thought I'd just mention that it's best to keep your eye on creating a good site for users rather than search engines. SEs are doing their best to rank the sites they think their users will find the most interesting highest, so rather than trying to pick apart the SE algorithm, focus more on what your users are looking for.

H/Lo Dave, QuietDean, Coothead, krak_d, haystack, all

Here is a positon
    I have found....
    Google will find your site even if you do not list with them, and some search words, communicated to your prospects, to type in a url/engine will give you the first five or six page ranks, anyway.

I for one has never tried to lost with Google...and it does not affect adversely for me to notice that it matters.
    What is the use of having traffic and no income to match the page hits...

I say keep your hits, give me one income from one visit....simple...now that s a hit to me....

When I look at my logs, I do not look at the numbers, I look at where they come from, and package my products to visit those visits...for the next three months, then check and do that again...Google who's that.... ?

Finally, webdevelopers should teach customers on what is important. Google listing algorhythm is based on an opinion of one set of brains, targeting one section of the market - namely what is good for Google, and what is good for Google and also good for those who list with Google....kinda....

Sure you can continue to chase the Google listing as a primary objective...that is either a cure or a poison.

Me...I waould rather follow haystack's wisdom, after all that is the reason you are on the web...not for Google's sake....

Google....when did this happen.....!!!???

That's my bit....
    Last edited by wahid; 08-07-2004 at 05:55 PM.

New User

Status

Google likes

fresh and unique content. If you come up with your own information about anything in a string of words not present anywhere else, Google will validate the major phrases you are targeting. Talk to you clients and do talk a lot!

Mike