47 users online (1 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. Table size and iframe    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Replies: 1
  3. Font Size problem next to table    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 11
  4. font size in a table    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

How to fit a wide table on A4 size paper

Hi,

I am working on a small project and I have a problem related to "Print Preview" mode. I tried to refer to other messages on this Forum related to this topic, but I couldn't solve the problem. Please excuse me if I am repeating a question again.

Is there any way to display an HTML page in A4 sheet size? The data is displayed in the HTML page in Table format. A perl script generates the above HTML page. The number of columns in the Table is 14 + n . where n columns will be dynamically generated(n <=15).

The requirement is to fit this table into A4 size for printing.
    That is when the user prints this page from the browser, all the data should fit into A4 size. (without changing Page settings of the printer). The size of the data in each column is known and can be considered as fixed (Say, 10 characters). Also, the Prine preview mode should display entire data onto one page width (Vertical scrolling id OK)

We are allowed to reduce the width and font size to fit this data into A4 size.

1) Is there any html or style tags that would fit a page into A4 size for printing?
    2) We tried to fix the Table size and font size to fixed values that would fit into A4 size, and proportionately reduce the width of the individual columns.

This method is not working because, if the text to be displayed does not have a space in between, then this text does not get wrapped. In this case the column size increases automatically and goes out of the print area.
    Is there any method to wrap the text(no space in between) and ensure that the column size always remain the same?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

New User

Status
    Hi friend,

In fact I was looking for solution for the very same problem.
    If u have found one pls forward it to me and vice versa.

Thanks
    Raghu

New User

Status
    Hi Friend,

I think I have a solution.
    If you are using Internet Explorer - 6, then...
    1)Take the mouse pointer on the Tool Bar
    2)Right click the mouse button and select Customize
    3)Select the Print Preview from the available tool bar buttons.
    4)Then Set the Print preview as per your requirement either a portrait or Landscape and then print

Raghu

New User

Status
    link to a printer friendly page.
    Use a css style sheets to re-size the page and the fonts etc.

If you can use php then use http://www.mikenew.net/printfriendly.php