48 users online (0 members and 48 guests)  

Related

1. CSS Problems    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. old problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. Div Tag Problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. ftp problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Question I'm have some JS problems please help.

Well I've been working on this template for my new website. I'm wanting to put in this script to display a random quote on the pageload. I scipted it myself and thought it would work but its just not working at all. I would appreciate if someone would look at my source at: http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/bralph/template.htm
    Man will I feel dumb if its something simple. I don't know much about JS but my roommate does and he's stumped. Thanks.
    ~Trendwhore

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Welcome to the forums

You would not want my help on javascript, hopefully QuietDean will see the post soon and will be able to help.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status
    Thanks anyways. I've been working non-stop for the last two days on this site and then this happened. Oh, well guess I had to take a break some time.

Administrator

Status

Hi guys

Hi fellas. Sorry about the delay there.

Had a wedding in North Wales (8 hour journey!) and only got back about 10 minutes ago. Whole weekend on a train

Hi TW. Hows life? Funky little script, now It's working I may borrow it

Two problems I found -

I got a JS error because one of the quotes had a ; in it. It's not universal, but some browsers take it as a command-end line, even in a string.

The major one, though, was in this array element -

quote[29]="He's out. And your out, too. And I don't think I'm in, either. No gang!

No quote on the end of the string. As soon as I put that in it works a treat.
    Funny quotes, btw. I was laughing for 10 minutes before I spotted the problem.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Thumbs up

man do I feel dumb. The deubbugger i was using was acting all goofy. Sure you can use it, heck you helped me fix it you use it all you want. : )

Administrator

Status

Cool

I'll be having that!

Debuggers...I'm not that keen on them. Way I see it, a human mucked it up (usually me) so a human has to fix it.

Sites looking good so far btw.

Now, I'm off to bed. Train journey nearly killed me. Have you ever had to get through london on a sunday in rush hour? It's like the last trump has just sounded or something. Brrr. The memory is making me shiver.

G'night all.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?