37 users online (0 members and 37 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 2
  2. How to make a search engine?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 16
    New User

Status

how to make search engine like yahoo..?

guys do u have any idea on how to make search engine like yahoo or goggle? what should the first thing i do in order to make it one. pls i need your help..ur help will be appreciated very much...thanks

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Depends on your budget, obviously you are not going to build a google or a yahoo. But saying you want to build a search engine is very vague. What do you have available to work with?

Dave

New User

Status

my thesis is about search engine...

hi sir dave..thank you very much for your help...
    actually, i am a 4th yr college student taking up computer science here in the philippines. i plan to make a search engine, something like Google, as my thesis. You said that building search engine is vague. why u said that? can u explain it to me.so you mean that it is really hard to implement search engine as a thesis for students like me. we have a little amount of budget for our thesis. u know, we hardly faced financial problems here in the philippines...well ,thank you so much again sir ... . iwill wait for your reply

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    First you will need a bunch of datacenters populated with thousands upon thousands of top of the line servers, of course a staff to keep 'em up and running.

If you are still with me I am sure you have realised that you are probably not going to build another Google or Yahoo, maybe a Looksmart

In all serious you may want to download a couple of PHP search engines and try to break them down to get an idea of how they were put together.

If you check back in a bit I will try to find a link that you may find interesting. It will not be of any benefit to your coding, but a great read (if you have lots of time) none the less.

Dave

Administrator

Status

http://www7.scu.edu.au/programme/fullpapers/1921/com1921.htm

http://www.cs.rochester.edu/sosp2003/papers/p125-ghemawat.pdf

New User

Status
    thank u so much sir..i am very happy , now i understand more and more about how search engine works....

New User

Status

Smile Re: my thesis is about search engine...

Quote Originally Posted by brainwired
    hi sir dave..thank you very much for your help...
    actually, i am a 4th yr college student taking up computer science here in the philippines. i plan to make a search engine, something like Google, as my thesis. You said that building search engine is vague. why u said that? can u explain it to me.so you mean that it is really hard to implement search engine as a thesis for students like me. we have a little amount of budget for our thesis. u know, we hardly faced financial problems here in the philippines...well ,thank you so much again sir ... . iwill wait for your reply
    Hi brainwired!!!
    i am the same you,i wanna to make search engine for my study.What do you achieve?do you finish it?
    what should the first thing i do in order to make it one. pls i need your help
    Thanks

New User

Status

Re: how to make search engine like yahoo..?

bwahahaha. oh god. *wipes sweat*
    you boys might be just what alexa is looking for then. looky here :
    http://pages.alexa.com/prod_serv/web_search_platform.html
    then again, maybe not.

New User

Status

Smile Re: how to make search engine like yahoo..?

Hi this is srinidhi from India if you want to create search engine i can help you ,<snipped> and if u rely interested to create your own search engine first you have do the research about other search engine for example Google and yahoo had applied spider formula to there search engine

dont worry about the budget because u have to do it step by step

do u know what knowledge want to creating for search engine mainy

1)you have to know PHP,asp.net,mysql and html (you have to know this things frequently
    2)you have to know web design because you have to link the million of pages
    3)the main thing is you have to do surveys (this is the main thing ti create search engine)

3)this is main thing keep it in your mind
    (to create the search engine you have to do lots of work on to the data base creation rather than the design of the search engine.
    first you have to collect the large amount of data like website names, their urls, their key words and all other mata data from their pages, then you have to store them in to your data base and pass the query for the matching of the word entered by the user in to the text field of he search engine main page then the string will search for the matching value and if found then display it on to the screen with site name, detail and key words.. it is the process like we have to found a whole data from the just one number.... first you do it with just 5 or more websites and then start to adding data in to it)

I had many ideas about creating search engine i can give the idea to you .....if i want to give ..first you have to digest the ideas what i told you now ......and replay me how the idea ......if u interested replay me i will give more ideas.....

DO YOU KNOW ONE THING I AM ALSO CREATING SEARCH ENGINE MY PROJECT IS STILL GOING ON.
    Last edited by HTML; 11-24-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Status

If you want to make a search engine, try Google's custom engine generator.

You can have it scan specific sections of sites to the entire site itself, as long as the engine is permitted to search it. You can also have it search multiple sites simultaneously with unknown wildcards.
    Last edited by HTML; 03-09-2012 at 10:37 PM.

New User

Status

How can I get the contacts of the Man who wants to sell his search engine?
    I look forward to hear from you

New User

Status

Wink Re: how to make search engine like yahoo..?

Quote Originally Posted by zenofeller View Post
    bwahahaha. oh god. *wipes sweat*
    you boys might be just what alexa is looking for then. looky here :
    http://pages.alexa.com/prod_serv/web_search_platform.html
    then again, maybe not.
    Today I saw this post and this link is broken please if someone has a healthy link to provide me the information I have here, very grateful that friends have put more tips Please help
    Last edited by HTML; 03-09-2012 at 10:37 PM.

New User

Status

Unhappy Re: how to make search engine like yahoo..?

Not someone help me?