92 users online (1 members and 91 guests)  

Digg button stumble

Related

1. Replies: 8
  2. PHP script running when page loads    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. need help wit google message-your browser doen not support browser    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Browser loads the same page, help

I need help guys. Thanks in advance.
    My server is on Windows 2K AdvServ, IIS 5.0, and I have to run PHP for our website. I got the website files from the developers and was able to run it by downloading and installing the PHP 4.3.7 from the PHP site. Now the problem is that some links in our website loads the same main page (index.php). What I noticed is that when a link leads to a new .php file (i.e. products.php), it would work. But if a link would look something like this (which should load the pressroom page):
    .....com/index.php?content=pressroom
    it would still load the index page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm just starting to learn PHP, and I don't know if I'm missing any file or component here. Again, thanks. Peace.

Administrator

Status
    well, I have only a guess because you don't include any code or a reference to which 'website files' you are using. But at a guess, its because register_globals is set to off in your php.ini

However, switching it ON is not advisable, it represents a major security risk.

To be honest, you should speak to the script authors about this.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Thanks a lot QuietDean. Your had the right guess about the trouble I've been having.

Again thank you very much for the help. MORE POWER!

-Frederick